What's new

Christmas Day Drinks

Mmm Coquito sounds goood. I wish I bugged the production manager at work to make me a bottle, since he was making some for people this year. Delicious stuff!

Went over to my sister's, where my brother-in-law broke out the Blanton's I gave him last Christmas. He and I sipped at that, over a bit of ice, all day. By dinner time, I really didn't notice what wine was being served...

Crozes Hermitage plays second fiddle to Hermitage, and deservedly so, but it offers some excellent values for Rhones. Colombo is a good choice, as are the wines of Colombier and Alain Graillot, his La Guiraude in particular. Jaboulet's Crozes-Hermitage, Thalabert won't ever be mistaken for their flagship Hermitage, La Chapelle (I have the '90) but it's a fine wine.

Grahams tends to make port in a slightly sweeter, fruitier style, and their '77 was a blockbuster. Believe it or not, it's still a bit on the young side. :lol: Those vintage ports just seem to go on forever.

Some great choices! :thumbup1:

Thanks for your kind words.

2 pints of Titanic beer and 2 Lagavulins before returning home

I ended up with the Gallais Bellevue (from Potensac in the Delon stable) as I thought that the Colombo probably needed some bottle age. The Colombo was on offer at £8 and I couldn't resist.

The Grahams matched the stilton superbly

I have another bottle for next year, it was bought back in 1989 and was worth the wait

Cheers

Rob

Top Bottom