What's new

Can you put paste on linen?

You know the Crox and diamond paste and strop paste and all that fun stuff. Can you put it on fabric components of strops or do they HAVE to go on the leather?

You can put them on linen, leather, balsa - whatever you wish. It is worth noting that the media holding the abrasive affects how the abrasive cuts. For example, CrOx on balsa will cut differently than CrOx on linen.

If your going to use croOx powder, try what i did to make it easier for you. I took a little spray bottle, put the powder in there, then i took rubbing alcohol, shake really well! then spray the linen or whatever you choose. The alcohol simply acts as a carrier, it will evaporate and leave the croOx right where you want it.

it should also be noted that whatever you put the CroX or diamond spray on will forever be your pasted strop... simply because it can not be wiped completely off as it becomes imbedded in the strop material.

They also should never be mixed .... (one week use CroX on the strop then next week use the diamond spray).

If your going to use croOx powder, try what i did to make it easier for you. I took a little spray bottle, put the powder in there, then i took rubbing alcohol, shake really well! then spray the linen or whatever you choose. The alcohol simply acts as a carrier, it will evaporate and leave the croOx right where you want it.

I would think the spray mechanism would get clogged from the CroX powder???

I would think the spray mechanism would get clogged from the CroX powder???

I thought the same, bui have no problems with it so far. I used an atomizer similar to the ones bullgoose carries. Just make sure you shake it up good, then spray away! Il post a pic a later, got called in to work now. Give me a few hours.

I have a Mastro Livi loom strop with CrOx on the linen side. He makes a wax stick and draws it on like a crayon but the liquid spray would work too. I would just repeat what was said above: once you apply the CrOx or diamond spray, that strop is dedicated.

Top Bottom