What's new

Can no longer access forum list on tablet

This is starting to look like devices that have older operating systems unable to load and or run the latest browser versions.
I agree. I had similar problems with a site that rolled out a new website. Cleared the cache etc. Gave up and tried again a week later after they fixed the problem at their end. Worked fine. I am fine using my phone. I keep waiting for my mini to die anyway.

My Fire 10 just got through updating---complete with all the non removable bloatware from Amazon---and it's now running Fire OS 7.3.2.1

I tried in a private tab as well with the same results.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You guys with Kindles - Can you try to open your browser with a Private Browsing window and go to the forums list?

kindle_screen_6.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I don't see this as a problem that needs me to buy newer hardware for one site, I see this as a web site problem with compatibility.

Screenshot_20211006-110326_kindlephoto-875472.png

Fred D
“I don't see this as a problem that needs me to buy newer hardware for one site, I see this as a web site problem with compatibility.”

Yes, but a problem that will start happening more often as others upgrade their websites.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't see this as a problem that needs me to buy newer hardware for one site, I see this as a web site problem with compatibility.

View attachment 1340930
Your device is sending you to the wrong page.
The correct URL is badgerandbladedotcom/forum/forums
Devices get out of date unfortunately, and sites simply cannot be backwards compatible with every device and every operating system and every browser.
I get the concept of not wanting to change devices and can respect that, and you have the option to use other devices.
Just to make an observation - B&B is on the newest version of the website software, so it's only affecting you right now on this site - but as other sites update and upgrade, the list of sites you will have problems with is going to get larger and longer.

When did the forum start using the newest software? You'd think my Fire 10 would be new enough to handle it.

At 6 years old the Fire 7 can be expected to have issues. I just don't want to give it up. It and its thin case fits perfectly into my jeans back pocket and also perfectly in a suit pant's front pocket.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Your device is sending you to the wrong page.
The correct URL is badgerandbladedotcom/forum/forums
Devices get out of date unfortunately, and sites simply cannot be backwards compatible with every device and every operating system and every browser.
I get the concept of not wanting to change devices and can respect that, and you have the option to use other devices.
Just to make an observation - B&B is on the newest version of the website software, so it's only affecting you right now on this site - but as other sites update and upgrade, the list of sites you will have problems with is going to get larger and longer.
My device is only one year old, and has all updates. I do not have any problems on any other web sites.

Systems are always improving to keep up with the times and faster better chips etc. As they improve and update, so do apps and sites to keep up with the growing technology. There comes a point where the hardware in older units can no longer keep up with the times. It’s the same as eight tracks, like it or not they were rendered obsolete by growing technology. The buffalo are never coming back.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When did the forum start using the newest software? You'd think my Fire 10 would be new enough to handle it.

At 6 years old the Fire 7 can be expected to have issues. I just don't want to give it up. It and its thin case fits perfectly into my jeans back pocket and also perfectly in a suit pant's front pocket.

My device is only one year old, and has all updates. I do not have any problems on any other web sites.
Site was switched to newest Xenforo on September 29th.
I wish I had a ready answer for you guys running Kindles that would make it start working right off the bat, but I don't.
We can try some work arounds as has been suggested above and summarized below.

First and foremost is make sure you are on the newest Operating System your device will support and the latest version of your browser.

Second is to make sure that cache has been cleared, and then the device is hard rebooted while unplugged.

Third is to try an alternate browser to Silk.

Then my old Kindle 7 worked fine for a few days after the forum update.

Honestly I don't think my old Fire 7 can handle another browser. With all the Amazon bloatware over the years I had to uninstall everything I could to get the one large app I need to run.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I tried the ‘forum/forums’ url noted above and get the same error.
However I can get to the New Posts page directly.
Yes, chances are it is the same redirect error where the page is at

badgerandbladedotcom/forum/forums

but the browser is directing to

badgerandbladedotcom/forum

Hey at least yall are trying and I appreciate it.

You should have witnessed the mess I had to go through with AT&T a few months ago. Closing in on three hours on the phone and 2 months time. They already know what the issue is, but you've got to jump through the hoops anyway.

My Kindle Fire HD 10 7th generation was updated the end of August and checked yesterday OS 5.6.9.0 (659658220). I tried using the Private Browsing, ok luck.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As IT continues to look for possible solutions, all I can add is

1. Make sure you are on the newest Operating System your device will support and the latest version of your browser.
if so then:
2. Make sure that cache has been cleared, and then the device is hard rebooted while unplugged.
if so then:
3. Try an alternate browser to the one you are currently using.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more constructive at this point.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I updated my iPad to iOS version 15 and the problem is still occurring. My browser is updated and the cache is clear. FYI.

Top Bottom