What's new

Brush stands

Hi guys,
Has anyone got any good ideas for a brush stand that I can make/do myself? The commercial ones are up around the $100 mark and I will be getting one, but would like to have something to keep my brush bristle down for the next month or so.

- Aaron

The parts for mine were free with the exception of the glue, which well is from my old "Yo-Yo" hobby :blushing:

Attachments

• $brushstand.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 153
I have thought about making one by cutting up a plastic cutting board and gluing/screwing the plastic together. I wound up having a friend make me a shelf unit with two shelves. Brushes and razors (except for straights) are held by plastic coated screw-in hooks that I bent into the appropriate sized openings. Works great! :biggrin: :w00t: :biggrin: :w00t:

Shelves give plenty of space for the MWF and Method shaving supplies.

So I went to look at the plastic one I found, the problem with it is part of the brush touches the stand so I passed on it. I would prefer that the entire brush is suspended in the air without any of the hair touching the sides. Hope that explanation was clear.

So I made one out of old coathanger. Now my question is this ... once the brush has dried there is no problem in then taking it and storing it on its base hair up to display it is there? My understanding is that we store brushes (esp. wooden handled ones) hair down so water doesn't pool in the knot and weaken it and the wooden handle.

Thanks.
Aaron

Last edited:
Top Bottom