What's new

Brush Acquisition Disorder: What is wrong with us?

My order has been placed :badger:
I missed out on the Halloween pre-order and was kinda bummed out as I was all set to pull the trigger on a 28mm select polished ebony Dark Order Jack with yellow accents. Then...I happened to take a look at the Paladin website today, and there she was, in the Brush Shop, for sale. I snapped it up with relish. Miracles do indeed happen!

I have limited mine to 8.

IMG_8751.JPG

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Rookie move or he is single. 😜 NO WAY I am letting my lovely bride see all of my brushes in one place.

Here are about 1/2 of mine. 🤫

View attachment 1349143
That is what I call a terrific stable...and as you say, that's only half of the herd! I've been around here long enough to remember when you signed up for your first GRUME monthly restraint because you wanted to limit yourself to 7 brushes!

I thinned down my den a while ago. Now I am down to four brushes, two nice, two not so nice. I am slowly acquiring higher end badgers and maybe an Omega Evo synth. I don't want to go too nuts. I would like to keep it under ten good brushes. Still more than I need, but, I want some variety and there are so many nice things out there.
Only four brushes?
Blasphemy!
:lol:

Rookie move or he is single. 😜 NO WAY I am letting my lovely bride see all of my brushes in one place.

Here are about 1/2 of mine. 🤫

View attachment 1349143

Sorry but im not single i'm happily married :thumbup: and the wife buys me brushes as well, but I did restore a lot of them the trick to a happy marriage is don't hide things. As when they start to find stuff that's when doubts creep in because you're not being honest.

And yes I'm looking for a new cabinet for them but a glass one, so I can put my straights in as well....

Sorry but im not single i'm happily married :thumbup: and the wife buys me brushes as well, but I did restore a lot of them the trick to a happy marriage is don't hide things. As when they start to find stuff that's when doubts creep in because you're not being honest.

And yes I'm looking for a new cabinet for them but a glass one, so I can put my straights in as well....
It was obviously meant as a joke. My wife is fully aware of and supports all of my hobby related purchases.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

My wife truly gets VERY upset about my multiple shaving, and other hobby "collections" so thanks for the reminder. I joke, but I NEVER HIDE MY PURCHASES! I respect her, and to be completely honest, my life, too much to hide stuff from her.

LOL! She puts up with WAY too much from me as it is for me to make her life any MORE miserable....

I settled on 24 brushes. I've created an Excel file with all the information about all of my brushes (brand, model, knot size, loft size, handle size, grade of hair, etc.)

I can then look at the information and choose a brush that suits my needs that day. If I want to bowl lather I tend to choose one with a longer handle (and loft). Small lofts tend to give a better experience when face lathering, etc.

In those 24 brushes, I have a good variety in terms of both knot size and knot type. Each grade of badger hair is represented (pure, best, finest & silvertip) along with boar (dyed & undyed), horse, and a few different types of synthetic knots. For some time I thought I was crazy but now I think I'm very wise. 24 is the magic number for me cause I can shave every hour of every day if I need to. I'm at peace with myself now.

Are there any guys with huge awesome collections eg 200+
I know about Ice-man - it would be great to see a photo with each visible. Any other monster collections out there? I find them works of art and each unique in its own way.

Top Bottom