What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I could use a relaxing bowl right now. My wife has spent the last two nights in the hospital. On Friday she was vomiting for about 4 hours, then felt some chest pain. Took her to the ER. Tests indicated she had a mini heart attack. They did an angioplasty yesterday, and thought she was coming home today. This morning she had more chest pains. No word yet- getting old ain't for the wimpy

Good gracious, Owen. I'm glad to hear that she's doing better. Do let us know anything we can do to help out.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I could use a relaxing bowl right now. My wife has spent the last two nights in the hospital. On Friday she was vomiting for about 4 hours, then felt some chest pain. Took her to the ER. Tests indicated she had a mini heart attack. They did an angioplasty yesterday, and thought she was coming home today. This morning she had more chest pains. No word yet- getting old ain't for the wimpy

That's terrible. Consider yourselves lucky, though. My father passed away instantly in February without warning due to a heart attack. Take care of here and yourself, bud. My thoughts will be with you. Keep us updated.

My thoughts are with you and you're family. Glad to see you already posted that she seems to be doing better. My wife and I had an extended chat this morning about being healthier as well. Good luck on the lifestyle changes and may there be continued improvement for you both.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
There was some blockage they couldn't get yesterday due to her small branches. Bypass may be a player. They are getting another cardiologist involved to get his opinion.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I pray she has a speedy recovery! Keep the faith, brother.
Thanks. She is scheduled to get the bypass tomorrow. She has one of the best in Texas- Dr. Reza Khalafi. He is extremely well respected. The stress is giving me weird dreams, though. I dreamt I was being pursued by Kodak bears. I escaped them by entering an apartment building occupied by pantless zombies which lacked genitalia. I killed them with a broken tea cup saucer. This took place in my favorite place in Texas- Fredericksburg. I think I need to relax a little :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The wife came through the bypass well. She had one of the best cardio surgeons in Texas do the job. She will be out for the rest of the night. I am going home to let her rest. I think I will have a bowl of Solani Aged Burley Flake when I get there. I didn't get to everyone, but thanks for your good thoughts.

The wife came through the bypass well. She had one of the best cardio surgeons in Texas do the job. She will be out for the rest of the night. I am going home to let her rest. I think I will have a bowl of Solani Aged Burley Flake when I get there. I didn't get to everyone, but thanks for your good thoughts.

Good to hear. You need some relax time now just as much as she does.

Great news Owen, thanx for keeping us updated.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

That's so good to hear, Owen. Enjoy your pipe. Enjoy some rest.

Great news, Owen. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Awesome! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

That's terrific news, Owen. I hope that pipe is going well and that you get a nice bit of rest. May her recovery be swift and smooth.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks everybody. The stress has me a bit worn, but I got a chance to relax a little bit. My wife is a tough woman- she'll make it due to pure stubbornness. In many ways, she is stronger than me.

Thanks everybody. The stress has me a bit worn, but I got a chance to relax a little bit. My wife is a tough woman- she'll make it due to pure stubbornness. In many ways, she is stronger than me.

Outstanding news, Owen! Keeping you both in my prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress to a full recovery!

Top Bottom