What's new

British Double Edge Blades WWII Era.

Hello

I'd like to find out what brands of double edge blades would have been issued or bought at the NAAFI during the War. I am involved in reenacting and would love to find some period correct blades to use with a display.

If anyone knows and/or has photos they could post, I would be grateful to see them.
Thank You
Mark

I used to wander up to the NAAFI as a kid whilst dad was stationed on the local airbase!

But that was only the 70s. I'm no help with what may have been used in WWII

Rob

The American's used "camouflage blades:"
proxy.php

these blades were gillette thin blades but they had a faint red/brown and black wrapper. They did this particularly because the regular thin blade wrappers in a sense could be used for tracking; a bright red thin blade wrapper would be easy to spotted in the field. I would presume the English had something similar.

Thank you for the information posted so far.

Mr-Razor, the link to your site is a big help, I now have an idea of what to look for (not sure the odds of me finding a WWII-Era British made Gillette Blade here in the US are, but I know what to look for).

Shaved_*****, thank you as well. I have seen the Gillette Camouflage Blade wrapper before, but not the blade. I'm not certain if US-made Gillette blades would have been used by British Forces through the "Lend-Lease" set-up, but it very well could have been possible. I will be looking for a Gillette Camouflage blade in the near future.

I do own a single WWII British Blade. It is a "The Fleet" blade, it has the "Broad Arrow" markings on it. It was not the cheapest blade in the World, so I am hoping to find a complete box of WWII British Blades, that are not too rare or spendy, but would be correct.

As a side note.
AsylumGuido, your link for the Gillette Super Speed Razors was a big help. I now know that my Super Speed is a 1948-1950 made razor. I have been wondering how old it was for a while now.
Cheers
Mark

Top Bottom