What's new

Bowl Layoff

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been on the road and just moving around too much to sit down and watch a bowl game until this afternoon. Man, this Independence Bowl is a staggering reminder that the key to a bowl game is to not go stale during that extended layoff.

My Dores aren't totally out of it, yet, but they better wake up in a hurry.

Made my first trip to Nashville for the Gamecocks vs Vandy game this year (season ticket holder for SC). Definitely thought you guys would have a better showing than this...I'm really hoping we don't have a let down in Birmingham, I was there in 2009 when UConn spanked us and it was cold and miserable.

I think coaching is key for that long bowl season layoff, which brings me to a quick rant.

I am fine with players skipping bowl games to protect their NFL futures. It's their decision and if they want to abandon the teammates that they played with for 3-4 years, that's up to them. But coaches leaving their schools before bowl games has got to stop! It's not fair to these kids.

Now back to the original subject - it's on these coaches to get their guys ready to go for the bowls. Although it has to be hard to get the players fired up for Ma & Pa's Craft Shop Bowl after a monthlong layoff. Hoping James Franklin can get Penn State rolling for the Rose Bowl :thumbup:

I think coaching is key for that long bowl season layoff, which brings me to a quick rant.

I am fine with players skipping bowl games to protect their NFL futures. It's their decision and if they want to abandon the teammates that they played with for 3-4 years, that's up to them. But coaches leaving their schools before bowl games has got to stop! It's not fair to these kids.

Now back to the original subject - it's on these coaches to get their guys ready to go for the bowls. Although it has to be hard to get the players fired up for Ma & Pa's Craft Shop Bowl after a monthlong layoff. Hoping James Franklin can get Penn State rolling for the Rose Bowl :thumbup:

Totally agree. Coaches should have the integrity to stick through the bowl games. If you sat in the living room and made assurances to the family, then you owe it them to finish the season.

Hoping James Franklin can get Penn State rolling for the Rose Bowl :thumbup:

If you can't get up for the Rose Bowl...even if it isn't a playoff/championship game...then what can you get up for? I mean...it's the Rose Bowl! And this is coming from a rabid LSU fan who believes there isn't really football outside the SEC. I kid...but you know what I mean. James Franklin will get his guys up...that man is a phenomenal coach and most don't realize it. I mean...this is the guy who took Vandy to three straight bowl games, won two of them...and won nine games his final two seasons. AT VANDY!!!

There are about 40 too many bowls.

I've never had a problem with there being a lot of bowl games. It gives people a chance to see some teams that they don't see during the regular season and it gives the players a little vacation to a place they might not ever see otherwise. I don't view more football as a bad thing.

I've been on the road and just moving around too much to sit down and watch a bowl game until this afternoon. Man, this Independence Bowl is a staggering reminder that the key to a bowl game is to not go stale during that extended layoff.

My Dores aren't totally out of it, yet, but they better wake up in a hurry.

I'm a Wolfpack fan so I was happy with the game. We didn't have the season I was hoping for but we ended on a good note, beating our rivals then winning a bowl game. Hopefully its something to build on going into next season.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm a Wolfpack fan so I was happy with the game. We didn't have the season I was hoping for but we ended on a good note, beating our rivals then winning a bowl game. Hopefully its something to build on going into next season.

NC State took a quarter to get their mojo back, but they sure did. They were better prepared to come back from the break. Bravo!

Top Bottom