What's new

Bourbon Trail Trip 2022 with pictures.

Our last Distillery stop for our Trail Adventure landed us at Maker's Mark Distillery located in Loretto, KY. The sprawling grounds offer plenty of hilly walking and several historic buildings to venture into. You can't really see the sparkling clear babbling brook that is contained between the stone lined banks in the photo but it's there and makes for a peaceful setting.

View attachment 1508559

Below is the oldest still standing retail package liquor store in the United States. Aptly named the Quart House. Still standing "yes", in operation for sales ..... "no". Very neat little building nonetheless. It was so dusty that I got really parched just looking through the window.

View attachment 1508561

View attachment 1508564

Pictured on the left side is a little restaurant right on the grounds. Unfortunately it is still closed to the public due to "Covid Concerns". We were very disappointed to hear this because well ...... we were hungry and thirsty!

View attachment 1508565

View attachment 1508570

View attachment 1508566

We didn't venture on a tour. However pictured below is one of the storage barrel warehouses. Maker's Mark also had numerous "Painted Pony" statues throughout the grounds. Not my thing really but very pretty. I suppose they may turn into Pink Elephants if you sample too heavily.

View attachment 1508567

The gift shop was our goal and last stop before leaving to hit the road for Alabama and our Golf Trip along the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. We picked up a few items here. They do offer to allow you to hand dip your own special bottle of Bourbon after you purchase it. However, the amount of time to complete waivers, don heavy rubber gloves, apron and goggles sort of put us off the idea really. So we purchased our bourbon "ready dipped".

View attachment 1508572

Thank you for reading my little pictorial/journal of the Trail. There are many more distilleries out there and lots more to see. We're going to do it again in a couple of years. This time we'll focus on Louisville areas on the Bourbon Trail.

Top Bottom