What's new

BOOKMATCHED Burl Scales PIF!

Ok gentlemen. I have 5/8 addresses/PMs. If I get the rest tonight I may be able to get these out tomorrow. If not it will have to be Tuesday.

Ok gentlemen. I have 6/8 addresses. I will be sending them out tomorrow. Hopefully the other two send their address. I have PMd them. If not, oh well. Their loss :a52:

Oh. I forgot to mention one thing gentlemen. I would really appreciate it if you were to post pics of work in progress and finished product in this thread for all to see when you scale those beautiful blades

Will do sir. :thumbup:

Although it may be a bit as I am about to start vacation. After that I have a heavier schedule than normal. Sadly my hobby workbench will be a lonely place for the next few weeks.

Will do sir. :thumbup:

Although it may be a bit as I am about to start vacation. After that I have a heavier schedule than normal. Sadly my hobby workbench will be a lonely place for the next few weeks.

I'm right there with you. My boy is almost 1 and teething. Sleepless nights ahead and my work is chaos too.

Mine arrived this evening.

$100_3433.jpg
They are lovely. And you should be proud of the resaw(bookmatch) you did. Excellent work. It will take minimal work to thickness and smooth these blanks out. I work by hand. No bandsaw, belt sander, nothing like that. I cut my scales with a hand held coping saw. So consistency of the base product is important. These are lovely. Well done. Now I've just gotta make certain I don't break them cutting them out. :)
Here they are after I hit them with naphtha to try and get an idea of what they might look like under finish.

$100_3432.jpg

Lighting wasn't as good as it could have been, but I think they are lovely. And I think under a CA finish they will look even better.
As soon as I begin work, I'll start posting pictures.
Thanks once again. It is very much appreciated.

Top Bottom