What's new

Blow drying razor

Hello, everyone:

I couldn't find any threads regarding this topic so I am throwing it out here for discussion.

Can blow drying on the hottest setting sanitize a razor?

I know a common standard is to leave a razor in boiling water to sanitize but would blow drying do the job also?

Thanks.

Rafi

Yes that would probably work.
If your the only person using the razor then It only needs to be sanitize once when you first get it.
Barbicide is a better opinion for sanitizing your razors.

Hello, everyone:

I couldn't find any threads regarding this topic so I am throwing it out here for discussion.

Can blow drying on the hottest setting sanitize a razor?

I know a common standard is to leave a razor in boiling water to sanitize but would blow drying do the job also?

Thanks.

Rafi

In a word, no.

Use barbicide.

If you swish or soak it in some rubbing alcohol first then blow drying might be sufficient to sanitize, provided you're the only person who's been using it.

Barbicide or Scrubbing Bubbles (contains the same anti-pathogen as Barbicide) are the two best bets. And it doesn't need to be soaked for hours. Minutes will do the trick. Probably seconds actually.

Barbicide or Scrubbing Bubbles (contains the same anti-pathogen as Barbicide) are the two best bets. And it doesn't need to be soaked for hours. Minutes will do the trick. Probably seconds actually.

+1 on the Barbicide if not boil it for a bit. Not sure about blow drying it to tell you the truth first time anyone here i think has brought that up.

+1 on the Barbicide if not boil it for a bit. Not sure about blow drying it to tell you the truth first time anyone here i think has brought that up.

Most blow dryers have safety cutoffs that will not permit the temperature to exceed 60º C.

A temperature of 72º C is required to sanitize a surface.

Source: Answers.com

no the heat from the hair dryer is not hot enough. buy some 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol at walmart or a dollar store. soak your blade for a couple min's this will disinfect your blade or anything else, say you buy a used razor, use the alcohol to disinfect it.

Last edited:
no the heat from the hair dryer is not hot enough. buy some 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol at walmart or a dollar store. soak your blade for a couple min's this will disinfect your blade or anything else, say you buy a used razor, use the alcohol to disinfect it.

+1 here.

Top Bottom