What's new

Blade longevity discovery

So today I discovered something that I'm sure many seasoned shavers have already discovered for themselves. I decided to take a blade which was nearing the end of itms ability to provide comfortable shaves but instead of tossing it, I placed it into another razor (which happened to be considerably more aggressive) and damn if it didn't give me a comfortable, perfect BBS shave. Is this a known method of keeping a blade's edge alive? Seems like something I'd read about here haha.

I've never heard of that before, but if it works, don't fix it.

I'm not concerned with blade longevity. I toss most blades after 2 shaves, and Feathers after 1.

Code:
http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/excalibur-club-blade-longevity-de-se-and-injector.431416/

I wonder if this would work with an adjustable, when it feels dull, then just bump up an adjustment or 2. Although, it won't work for the guys that are already at 9 lmao.

I have to agree that of all the tricks I've applied, the only two that seem to make a noticeable difference are flipping the blade occasionally and moving it to a more aggressive razor. And for what it's worth, they both work very well.

I have to aggree with NesOne. A more aggressive razor after 2-3 days of normal use does work. I toss the blades anyway though as they are so cheap I would rather just grab another fresh blade.

Top Bottom