What's new

Better disposable razor for flying or traveling in general?

Any single bladed disposable with a FIXED head. BIC sensitive or the BIC metal are my choices. As a DE razor user I like the fixed head on the disposable as well. Makes it more similar to a DE besides from the weight and also a single blade makes it easy to rinse out. Furthermore, the BIC sensitive can be had at pretty much any gas station around so in a pinch. All this of course only apply to carry-on only trips. Otherwise it is the regular DE razor.

I tried this on my last trip and found the Trac II really rough and uncomfortable. I never shaved with them before, so I am certain it is my technique. Do you all have tips on shaving with a Trac II?
I'd say any non lube strip carts for it should work fine. but I also still use my sticks on the road with it, with and without a brush. I prioritize slickness over cushion for all my shaves. good (enough) lather still counts for a shave, and whatever prep you normally do try to mirror. treating it essentially as a DE/SE (appropriate angles/etc) has worked for me. technique has always been the answer for me, once individual aspects/idiosyncrasies of the tools are sorted. just practice at home with what you're going to travel (as you'll pack/package it) with and dial it in. there are various carts available on the market and that may be a factor for you, but the Personnas were fine for me and I didn't go looking for better.

I did see some Bevel disposable DE razors in Target and wonder if they’d be allowed for travel. They are made of bamboo or something.

Otherwise, I travel with a trac ii.
I have used the disposable Bevel models myself for several days now--they do a nice job.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Post retirement:

BIC Metal if carry-on only.

If checking, I put the blades in my checked luggage and carry my Dopp bag in my carry-on bag.

Pre retirement:

I had offices in the cities I visited regularly and left blades at the office. Carried my Dopp bag without blades in my carry-on. If traveling to a new city, I'd send blades to my hotel so they'd be waiting for me when I arrived.

I almost always bring a Hydro5 disposable, mostly just a custom I somehow fell into. Contrary to what eBay gougers claim, you can still get them directly from Schick. I travel only for leisure and it's always for a week so just one cartridge will do. Unlike when at home, when traveling I do shave daily, and daily shaving is the optimal use for 4 and 5 blade cartridges, since they are likelier to clog when shaving multi-day growth.

Top Bottom