What's new

best synthetic...?

I want to get a new brush and ive decided to get a synthetic, so what do you think would be the best choice? ideally i want it to be fairly soft and quite a large knot, at the moment im looking at the men u synthetic, thoughts?

This thread might help:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105486

I have the Omega Syntex and a Rooney Nylon. I like them for travelling, but can't say that I am too knowledgable about them. Of the two I like the Rooney Nylon more. The bristles on it open up a bit more than the Omega Syntex. For the price of the Omega Synthetic, it's hard to pass up. I think I got it for $8. The higher end of the Omega Synthetic lines are something I have been looking at. I think those that have the Men-U have spoken rather well of it.

I have a Men-U (made by Omega) synthetic brush and it performs well with creams and soaps, but the feeling is of a cheap brush, because of plastic handle and plastic stand....but the brush performs great, the heads are soft, but it has backbone, it's not a dense brush, in this way it provides a great amount of air to the cream or soap and it brings you lather very quickly from a little quantity of water and cream.

I bought mine on ebay, the price was low, around 20 euro.

This thread might help:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105486

I have the Omega Syntex and a Rooney Nylon. I like them for travelling, but can't say that I am too knowledgable about them. Of the two I like the Rooney Nylon more. The bristles on it open up a bit more than the Omega Syntex. For the price of the Omega Synthetic, it's hard to pass up. I think I got it for $8. The higher end of the Omega Synthetic lines are something I have been looking at. I think those that have the Men-U have spoken rather well of it.

i found that thread about 2 minutes after i posted this one, thanks for pointing it out though.

My advice would be don't go with a synthetic. I recently purchased an Omega. I've had it for two weeks and I find that it's still not broken in yet. It's gotten progressively better but it's performance is nowhere near my badger brush. Not that my badger brush is anything to write home about - it's a $25 Vulfix. The shaves I got with the Omega were not close because the later was not made as well or applied as well as with my badger brush. YMMV and all but if you want what works best go with a badger or boar brush.

My advice would be don't go with a synthetic. I recently purchased an Omega. I've had it for two weeks and I find that it's still not broken in yet. It's gotten progressively better but it's performance is nowhere near my badger brush. Not that my badger brush is anything to write home about - it's a $25 Vulfix. The shaves I got with the Omega were not close because the later was not made as well or applied as well as with my badger brush. YMMV and all but if you want what works best go with a badger or boar brush.

i do have a few boar brushes and a badger brush (men-u, Kent and a few un-named) that i was given, but im not entirely comfortable using them and whenever i buy anything i try to avoid any animal products so im really leaning towards synthetic.

Top Bottom