What's new

beginish's lathering journal

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yup, it's a good one!
Jul.27 Sensor(8) .......................... Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.28 Sensor(9) .......................... Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.29 Sensor(10) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.30 Sensor(11) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.31 Sensor(12) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.01 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Well, back home from my mini-vacation to PA and, as nice as it is to visit friends, it's good to be back home. The Sensor was a little tuggy to shave with on pass-1, but the results were simply wonderful. If the carts were a little cheaper, I would be happy to use this razor alone.

8/17/2023: Gillette Sensor Excel/Somerset Simpson Keyhole 4 in Best/Musgo Real Soap/Proraso ASL

Still dialing in this soap. Lathers have been a bit on the airy side, and I'm having to load for much longer to get both quantity and quality. It's amazing how using SV completely spoiled me for excellent, effortless high quality lathers. These others are having a hard time holding up.

8/21/2023: Gillette Sensor Excel/Plisson Synthetic for L'Occitane/Musgo Real Soap/Proraso ASL

New cartridge this week, and on 3 days growth it delivered an astonishingly close, smooth shave. I had been underwhelmed with the Musgo soap's lathers so far, but knowing that I often get a different kind of lather with different brushes, I switched out of the Somerset Simpson Keyhole 4, which is a pretty floppy Best badger brush. In came the L'Occitane synthetic, which (while also floppy) is a damn effective brush. My innovation was rewarded with the best Musgo soap lather yet. Pass one was a little on the airy side, but pass two gave a really rich, slick lather. Scent was better too! Go figure.

Been years since I used the Sensor, but after reading this journal I now wish to try it again. The Mach3 and Fusion work okay, but something about them is unsatisfying, and I've had little success with a DE. (A Henson is my next attempt.) Thank you for making nostalgia a modern thing.

Top Bottom