What's new

beginish's lathering journal

Been years since I used the Sensor, but after reading this journal I now wish to try it again. The Mach3 and Fusion work okay, but something about them is unsatisfying, and I've had little success with a DE. (A Henson is my next attempt.) Thank you for making nostalgia a modern thing.
For me, where no time really exists for a luxury shave, I get a good lather from the soap and brush of choice, and the Sensor gives me a close, comfortable 2 pass shave without having to think about blade angle or buffing or j-hooking. When this current cartridge is done at the end of this week, I'm going to use the DE, so I am by no means anti-traditional, but for me, the cart just performs better.

Big gap here but:

11/6/2023: Mergress with Personna Platinum/Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic/Musgo Real Soap/TOBS Jermyn Street AS Cream

Lathers with Musgo continue to be unstable (but I persevere!) and it doesn't really matter what kind of brush I use. I had been using the Proraso ASL, but switched over to the TOBS balm a couple of weeks back, since it's cooling off here. The Proraso is excellent and I can see myself sticking with that as my warm weather AS. The TOBS balm is also excellent, but basically unscented, so there's no fun there. I have a bottle of Thayer's Lavender (also unscented!) Facial Toner that I will move to once the TOBS is done, but I'll probably start looking for a cold weather AS as the supply dwindles (2025?).

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Back-to-back daily shave posts!
elizabeth-im-coming-fred-g-sanford.gif

Top Bottom