What's new

Bath soap...how much is too much?

So...after making a 'quick' stop at tj maxx on the way home from work today after reading members posts about finding shaving/soap/smelly bath things there at a discount. I think that I have a problem.

It started a little over a month ago, when I bought a KMF olive oil soap...it was only $2 and I figured it would be good to try.

I should have known better.

My boyfriend doesn't like any of the 'real soap' that I've bought and tried out so far. The bar that is currently in the shower gave him what he described as a burning sensation. Works for me just fine. Hopefully some of my secret soap stash will work for him...because Ivory soap is now in my list of things that gross me out.

So...given a look under the sink + the 3 giant bars that I bought today (they smell good...and were cheap)... I MAY have enough soap to last me a year if I'm the only one who uses them.

This isn't like purses...purses are harder to buy in multiples due to cost. I can't just make a quick stop at a store and pick up 3 handbags for something larger than my paycheck and then giggle about what a good deal I got.

Same with shoes. I have enough of them too.

Soap...why does it have to be cheap enough that I don't feel guilty impulse buying it!!!

Whew. I feel better. How much soap do you have? Is there such a thing as...too much soap? I guess I can always give it away as gifts. :blush:

So...after making a 'quick' stop at tj maxx on the way home from work today after reading members posts about finding shaving/soap/smelly bath things there at a discount. I think that I have a problem.

It started a little over a month ago, when I bought a KMF olive oil soap...it was only $2 and I figured it would be good to try.

I should have known better.

My boyfriend doesn't like any of the 'real soap' that I've bought and tried out so far. The bar that is currently in the shower gave him what he described as a burning sensation. Works for me just fine. Hopefully some of my secret soap stash will work for him...because Ivory soap is now in my list of things that gross me out.

So...given a look under the sink + the 3 giant bars that I bought today (they smell good...and were cheap)... I MAY have enough soap to last me a year if I'm the only one who uses them.

This isn't like purses...purses are harder to buy in multiples due to cost. I can't just make a quick stop at a store and pick up 3 handbags for something larger than my paycheck and then giggle about what a good deal I got.

Soap...why does it have to be cheap enough that I don't feel guilty impulse buying it!!!

Whew. I feel better. How much soap do you have? Is there such a thing as...too much soap? I guess I can always give it away as gifts. :blush:
Too much might be just enough.

...that I bought today (they smell good...and were cheap)... I MAY have enough soap to last me a year if I'm the only one who uses them.

You go girl!!!:clap:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is there such a thing as...too much soap?

"Woman Crushed to Death When Huge Stockpile of Soap in her Basement Fell on Her in a Giant but Pleasant-Smelling Avalanche"

... unless you are in danger of being the woman in that headline, no, you don't have too much soap.

Historically I have found our bathroom (and closet for that matter) to be full of too much of all things female. Thankfully this shave hobby has really taken off, and I'm gaining ground in the "too much stuff" category :thumbup:.

Don't feel guilty - i do the exact same thing. At least it's better than stockpiling shower gels, both in terms of space and amount of plastic waste.

If some soaps can burn your boyfriends skin, might i suggest trying some of the Body Shop bars. Reasonably priced, nicely scented, good stuff. They have a lovely mild Shea Butter soap which might be good for him.

It is called AD... 99% percent of the people here will tell you that a year worth of something is nothing.

Like the guy that just bought 1000 blades and still wants to try "that blade everybody talks about". Or the other guy that just bought 8 shaving soaps because he wants to "save on shipping". Or the guy who has 30 razors and still has to bid on 30 more (note that each one of them will last at least a couple of life-times). Or the guy that has enough colognes to last for 20 years.

and the guilty impulse... most of us only feel it when we receive the bank statement. :redface:

:a47: :crying: I never thought I would read this.

Bath soap is another one of my ADs, as well. Who says it's a bad thing? :001_smile

If you haven't tried any of Honeybee Sue's bath soaps, you must do so immediately.

I use ALOT of soap in the shower so I am constantly buying. If there's a healthfood store anywhere in my general vicinity when I go into town, I am buying. Several.

Making an order of shaving items from a place that sells bath products? I am buying. Several. :lol:

About a year ago I took a liking to Pears soap. The single bar I found turned up to be very difficult to get. Looked everywhere. Finally got tired of the search so I bought a case on Amazon for $94.00 if I recall correctly. Now I have the case and I've been finding bars on occasion. Guess what......I continue to purchase every bar I see. I hope you feel better.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
About a year ago I took a liking to Pears soap. The single bar I found turned up to be very difficult to get. Looked everywhere. Finally got tired of the search so I bought a case on Amazon for $94.00 if I recall correctly. Now I have the case and I've been finding bars on occasion. Guess what......I continue to purchase every bar I see. I hope you feel better.

Obviously the singleton is hard to get. It's sold in Pears!

Lately, I've become a bit of a soap herder myself. I have a box of soaps in my closet waiting to be used.

The darn bars just don't dissolve fast enough for me. :tongue_sm Currently, I have Mama Bear's Lavender & Peppermint soap in my shower. I've also fallen in love with La Lavande Honey Almond soap. :001_wub: I want to order more Lavande soaps and try all the different scents but I can't justify it with a box of new soaps sitting in my closet. :frown:

Top Bottom