What's new

Barrister and Mann Lime

Eager to hear about your results. An old school punch in the face lime floats my boat. How does this soap base perform also?

Eben Stone

Staff member
Eager to hear about your results. An old school punch in the face lime floats my boat. How does this soap base perform also?
IMO, Omnibus is one of the best. I use hard tap water. Great slickness, great residual slickness, it's easy to lather (for me anyways), the lather doesn't dissipate, and it has great post shave feel. The lather is low structure, not everyone can appreciate that (it's more like Elmer's glue, definitely not meringue).

IMO, Omnibus is one of the best. I use hard tap water. Great slickness, great residual slickness, it's easy to lather (for me anyways), the lather doesn't dissipate, and it has great post shave feel. The lather is low structure, not everyone can appreciate that (it's more like Elmer's glue, definitely not meringue).
Phenomenal soap base. Omnibus is the main reason I won't be rebuying the majority of the soaps I currently own once they're gone

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I love it. It’s not like a pure lime smell though. There’s a dark green overtone, due, in my estimation, to the siberian fir. I’ve been using it the last three days.

Buy it.
Do you have the AS too? Does it have more staying power than other lime splashes?

Eben Stone

Staff member
I bet it's a ringer for key lime pie.
That's exactly how I would describe it. It is very good. All I could think about during the shave was how much it smells like a key lime pie.

IMO the scent strength is average, not a punch in the face, but definitely not disappointing either.

Longevity of the aftershave is about the same as the only other lime I've tried, Captains Choice. It's steady for about 10 minutes then fades but that faded scent seems to be lingering. It's now about 30 minutes after my shave and I can still detect a mild scent.

I've made a few great blind buys and this is one of them.

Please keep in mind, I have an extremely strong sense of smell.

@Eben Stone thanks for the report about the legs of the AS.

My 'dream quest' is for a lime that lasts longer, but sadly I think it's a pipe dream.

Royall Lyme might be just what the doctor ordered. I have several lime splashes, and while I would still like Royall to last longer than it does, for me it's the longest lasting lime scented AS I've tried.

Pricey but, uh...

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

The only lime for me.;)

"Men, Take it off, take it alllllll off"
Cue the stripper music.
s-l1600.png

Seriously, I have tried to like my latest B&M acquisitions. I also deal with SoCal hard water but all I get is cream soup that sloughs off my straight and down my arm. Not sure if it's the Omnibus or Excelsior. If I could get a sample of Omnibus I'd give it a try.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The only lime for me.;)

"Men, Take it off, take it alllllll off"
Cue the stripper music.
View attachment 1823584

Seriously, I have tried to like my latest B&M acquisitions. I also deal with SoCal hard water but all I get is cream soup that sloughs off my straight and down my arm. Not sure if it's the Omnibus or Excelsior. If I could get a sample of Omnibus I'd give it a try.
Maybe you're using too much water and/or not enough soap. I load for at least 30 seconds with a RazoRock 400 Noir (which is pretty soft), then add about 10 drops of water at a time. I don't count the total drops of water. Ballpark guess is 50 to 80. The resulting lather is low structure, somewhere between Elmer's glue and Yoplait yogurt. Don't expect meringue. If you want a sample PM me your address.

Top Bottom