What's new

B&B Pick my next Frag

Since breaking into the world of traditional wet shaving 3 years ago I have since gained an interest in fragrance acquisitions as well.Was looking on line for a "blind buy" and am kind of overwhelmed with all the choices.As of now my 2 main scents consist of Creed Aventus(wifes fav)and Terre d'Hermes(my fav).
As of right now the front runners consist of:
Polo Black(Only because I am familiar with the brand from back in the High School days)
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme
Armani Code
These 3 have jumped out to me on scent description alone,never caught a whiff of any of them at all.What say B&B,decent choices or any other brands I should consider?

Great choices on Aventus and TDH. Two of my favorites as well.

Polo Black is nice. I have not tried YSL or Armani.

One of my new favorites is Bvlgari Man in Black. It is superb if you like spicy and boozy, with a great dry down, projection, and longevity.

If you like fruitier with a woodsy dry down but not loosing the fruit top note then I love Polo Red Intense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three are fine fragrances. I don't think there is a loser in the bunch, but my personal favorite of the three is the Armani. I do think it is more of a cool weather scent. My wife would pick YSL out of that grouping. You might check out Spice Bomb as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fragrances have long been my primary AD, and my wife will tell you that I have way too many. I have both Creed Aventus and Terre d'Hermes, and rate both as excellent. My two favorite scents are rose based so they may not be for everyone- Domenico Caraceni 1913 and Creed Royal Mayfair. Based on what you and your wife like, I'd recommend looking at the following two: Montale Patchouli Leaves and Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser. These are the only two fragrances I've ever tried that get more compliments than Aventus. One caution with Patchouli Leaves; like all Montale fragrances, they are very concentrated and easy to over-apply. One or two sprays is plenty. This makes Montale scents a better buy than they first appear, as a bottle lasts twice as long as similar sized bottles of other brands.

Fragrances have long been my primary AD, and my wife will tell you that I have way too many. I have both Creed Aventus and Terre d'Hermes, and rate both as excellent. My two favorite scents are rose based so they may not be for everyone- Domenico Caraceni 1913 and Creed Royal Mayfair. Based on what you and your wife like, I'd recommend looking at the following two: Montale Patchouli Leaves and Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser. These are the only two fragrances I've ever tried that get more compliments than Aventus. One caution with Patchouli Leaves; like all Montale fragrances, they are very concentrated and easy to over-apply. One or two sprays is plenty. This makes Montale scents a better buy than they first appear, as a bottle lasts twice as long as similar sized bottles of other brands.
Thanks for the suggestions @mdevine,I will look into them!!!

Since breaking into the world of traditional wet shaving 3 years ago I have since gained an interest in fragrance acquisitions as well.Was looking on line for a "blind buy" and am kind of overwhelmed with all the choices...

What say B&B,decent choices or any other brands I should consider?
When I think of "blind buy", my main thoughts are I might find a fragrance I really enjoy. But I also think that I don't want to burn $$ too badly in search of nice smelling juice. For me, blind buying is a balance of cost vs potential olfactory pleasure.
Given those factors, I'd suggest you look into fragrances from Karen Low.
I blind bought Pure Ice and really enjoy it.

My wife compliments the YSL La Nuit the most, but based on what you listed, it may be too "sweet" for your liking (pretty sure that would be the Tonka Bean).

YSL La Nuit rocks but...... I have a bottle from 2014 and the performance is awful. I had a decant that was from 2012 and it would project and last and last. 2014 is only good for a couple of hours. I have heard both good and bad about the new 2016 version. It may be better. All three smell good though. Good luck! Check in after 6 months and tell us how many you have

Out of your three listed fragrances, I would go with the YSL. It smells nice, and is a crowd pleaser. B&B was a gateway drug into fragrances for me as well. I remember feeling overwhelmed with all of the choices out there. I would strongly recommend sampling as much as you can. Get your nose on as many scents as you can the next time you are dragged to the mall or Sephora. You can also purchase samples (designer and niche) from various online retailers. This way you are sure to only buy bottles of stuff you love, and you won't waste money blind buying something that you end up not liking.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!!
I haven't bought anything as of yet,although I have ran across a few more that I am considering.
Creed SMW and Himalaya
Versace Eros
D&G The One
John Varvatos Artisan
And many others suggested in here
I am trying to come up with a decent 5 or 6 frag line up,maybe another power house or 2 like Aventus and a few "safe" scents for just casual every day situations.

Top Bottom