What's new

ASR going Bankrupt? Buy your Personna's now!

Still, I can find no names of otherwise healthy companies that DIED solely for refusing to comply with Plus One. If that had happened, PBS would definitely have trumpeted it. They didn't.

Still willing to be convinced, though.

IIRC, I believe Rubbermade, the folks who make food storage containers, trash cans, and other plastic products, just about went under for not playing by Walmart's rules. Yes, there was a PBS documentary about it, possibly Frontline.

This stuck in my mind because it was the first time Walmart's business practices were brought to my attention. I can't remember the exact program, but I'm sure it's very easy to look up if you're curious to find out more.

Last edited:
This isn't the first company that Walmart has done that to. Schrade Walden went under because of losing a Walmart contract. I shop at Walmart because it's convenient, but basically I hate them.

a 2 thumbs WAY up +1....though last time after I waited in line behind a smelly bum for nearly a half hour, I am considering taking my business elsewhere.....and I too am glad that the affiliates abroad are not in bankruptcy....

Last edited:
I take it then that the production of ASR injector and SE blades, such as those available byhrough Ted Pella, is now under threat?

Has anyone contacted the folks at Ted Pella or EMS yet to find out whether they will be able to continue to sell these blades? This is all very worrying for anyone on this forum who uses an SE razor or an injector!:scared:

Speaking personally, if these blades cease production, I will be able to get the Schick made injector blades but for how much longer this will continue is debatable, furthermore not being able to use any of my Ever-Readys and GEMS will suck hard.

Last edited:
ASR entered into Ch. 11 to make it easier to sell itself to others. See https://www.fis.dowjones.com/WebBlo...&ProductIDFromApplication=&r=wsjblog&s=djfdbr. It does not mean that it is closing down or going out of business. If it were going out of business and liquidating I believe it would file under Ch. 7.

What concerns me is the following statement from ASR: the restructuring will allow it to cut its debt load while continuing to make investments in next-generation razor technology scheduled to launch next year.

Does this mean a move away from DE blades and into the crap sold by Gillette?

Does this mean a move away from DE blades and into the crap sold by Gillette?
It means they will move into products that sell and maximize profits. DE razor blades are not a growing industry in the West, making up a small percentage of the razor market and is in decline in other markets, such as India and China. In all likelihood, they will begin marketing more aggressively multi-blade systems that will compete with Gillette and Schick.

Hell, they already sell a 3 blade and 5 blade razor system. How much more modern could they go? 10 blade?
How about a pivoting head Injector razor?:lol:
Makes me want to stock up on Injector blades. I have 200 SE blades.

I seriously doubt they will quit making the SE and Injector blades since they are used in the medical field, as well as for shaving. Cheap Chinese crap blades won't cut the mustard for vibratome work.

Just to be on the safe side, I may buy another 200 SE and Injector blades.

SE and injector users....

proxy.php

"Competition in the wet shaving category has been increasing,” according to bankruptcy court documents. ”During the recent economic recession, the company faced significant challenges from competitors and retailers who discounted their prices to attract the business of the cash-strapped consumer.”

Really? They certainly aren't talking about Gillette.

Shick will probably purchase their injector production line, and DISMANTLE it. Gillette will be the highest bidder for the DE equipment, and CUT IT IN HALF. I can here these Executives now," Why won't these hardheads buy our new and improved razors? Soon as all these annoying baby boomers die off then we will have the Market!"
Looks like another 400 blade purchase from Electron Micro for me in the near future, then my injector days will be over.

Shick will probably purchase their injector production line, and DISMANTLE it. Gillette will be the highest bidder for the DE equipment, and CUT IT IN HALF. I can here these Executives now," Why won't these hardheads buy our new and improved razors? Soon as all these annoying baby boomers die off then we will have the Market!"
Looks like another 400 blade purchase from Electron Micro for me in the near future, then my injector days will be over.

Quit giving them ideas!!!

:lol::lol::lol: I just choked on my coffee.

Glad I could help.

The lien holder is the new owner.

Top Bottom