What's new

ASR going Bankrupt? Buy your Personna's now!

I take it then that the production of ASR injector and SE blades, such as those available byhrough Ted Pella, is now under threat? ...
The ASR injector blades ceased production last year because of issues with the plastic part of the dispenser. No big loss for me, as the closeness of the shave with one was not up to par, though the dispenser did not pose a problem.

Earlier this year, the Wal-Mart nearest here was closing out the ASR cartridge for Atra razors, after eliminating the Twin II cartridge before that.

In my most recent periodic trip there for oatmeal and toilet paper, there was a new display rack for the ASR "Twin Pivot Plus," which fits both Atra and Trac II's. Looks like ASR ain't down yet, even with Wal-Mart.

Something else this particular store added this year, among all the racks for various Fusion, Mach3, Sensor, Atra, and what-have-you, was a rack for DE blades, the famous "Wal-Mart Personnas." That DE blade rack was empty, sold out.

In the organizational structure ao ASR, I wonder if Personna of Israel, is a wholly owned subsidiary of ASR? If not wholly owned by ASR, then what percentage of ownership and control does ASR have over IP?

Anyone know?

The ASR injector blades ceased production last year because of issues with the plastic part of the dispenser.

If true, then somebody here better buy up the manufacturing equipment from ASR to make the blades and then come up with a GOOD injector housing (as well as selling blades in bulk to folks like us). It would be a shame to see the technology for making these go away.

Top Bottom