What's new

Army Beret maintenance

There was this whole Army times survey about uniforms it overwhelmingly said bring back the IKE jacket bring back the pinks and greens. Those were classic uniforms that looked great. The Marines are the only service that have managed to keep a decent looking uniform. The new Army service uniform is a step in the right direction is so far as it isn't that stupid green leisure suit.

When I first saw that Blue Navy camo uniform I thought it was a foreign army. I had been in Germany (Army Infantry bases) for 4 years and had no knowledge that the Navy adopted a camo uniform, it still hurts my eyes when I see sailors at my work.

It was supposed to inspire the army to due better, in reality all it did was make those of us that earned it mad and made us look like an Army of french chefs. We won't even talk about the Ranger Bn. because they took it in the shorts

I agree with you there. I earned all three of mine. It was bad enough when leggs at Bragg wore the maroon. I left 1st Bat before the change over to the tan. Finished Q course in 1999 and received my green. I understand why they switched from PC to beret but still dont like it.

Back on topic. I would just buy cheap disposable razors to shave my headgear. It was not bad just made a mess and took time. Hated fitting the wet mop on my head to form it. A wet beret is not very comfortable to wear.

I was going to go the disposable bid route as usual but didn't have any on hand so I improvised :thumbup1: I wish the Army would go back to the PC and be done with it, unless your head is bald and round like mine the beret doesn't look right on it.

Top Bottom