What's new

Are All Adjustables Aggressive To More Aggressive?

To be honest, I have only used the Variant twice so far, so my experience is limited. But, when at the top setting the OC Variant is MUCH smoother than the Progress. I have not used the Variant (or Progress) below 3, but it might fit your desire for a milder razor. But my taste is bias towards more aggression, so my experience might not be a fair comparison to yours.

I concur with the recommendation above for the adjustable Tatara. Even with my preference towards aggression, I love the Tatara. So gentle yet so very efficient. In my opinion, if you could save up for one it may be your perfect adjustable razor.

Also, I support Shane's @Blackland Razors contributions to the discussions. He is always quick to steer shavers to razors that seem to fit their expressed needs/desires. His credibility is solid in these discussions.
Shane is a good vendor and community member. I agree

How aggressive is the Osprey at lower settings? I tried a Rex and found it was only bearable for me on 1/2. Same on the Yaqi Ultima Stainless.

Watched a good review of the Parker Variant OC.

Like mild but efficient razors and I’ve found that regular DEs work better for me than adjustables. Maybe I haven’t found the right adjustable
I don't have an Osprey so I can't help you there.
I have heard that about the Rex Ambassador; that it's pretty aggressive even on the milder settings. That was my concern when I started this thread: I didn't want an adjustable razor that went from "Wild to Wilder". I wanted a "Mild to Wild" and I found it: the Pearl Flexi.
Your mileage may vary. But mine is fantastic.

How aggressive is the Osprey at lower settings? I tried a Rex and found it was only bearable for me on 1/2. Same on the Yaqi Ultima Stainless.

Watched a good review of the Parker Variant OC.

Like mild but efficient razors and I’ve found that regular DEs work better for me than adjustables. Maybe I haven’t found the right adjustable

If that is what you are looking for, you may want to consider a Tatara Muramasa.

Top Bottom