What's new

Anyone used Fine Acc. Santal Absolut?

Yeah it's nice. I didn't like it as much at first but smells better on skin than in bottle (more sweet scent from bottle). Doesn't last incredibly long, like most aftershaves, but does linger a bit in the morning.

Some have said it's very similar in scent to the popular art of shaving sandalwood aftershave. I haven't tried AOS to compare. I like the menthol addition to fine aftershaves. I enjoy most of the fine aftershave products.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
i've been eyeing Fine's Santal Absolut and wondering if anyone's used it and can comment on the scent/lasting power etc?
Cheers!
The scent seems to be the same as aos tallow sandalwood soap. I have used a little on each wrist like cologne and find it lasts only a couple of hours that way. Close to undetectable after 3 hours.

I really like this scent and will try to figure out how to make it last longer or perhaps track down the aos original.

Thanks! I didn't think it would last too long, thought I'd at least check. Can't really expect an aftershave to act like a cologne.

thats right this is said to be similar to the AOS sandalwood, which smelle great, this would go good with proraso red, but gotta smelll that new proraso red too, before i pull the trigger.

I'll have to get a sample of that at some point. I like DR Harris and Captain's Choice Sandalwood aftershaves. As for me, I have oily skin so aftershaves last a long time on me - sometimes too long.

This aftershave smells exactly like my puck of AOS tallow sandalwood. Kind of earthy sweet almost musty scent. Not for everyone, but I like it and it is spot on.

I have the AoS tallow sandalwood soap and balm. Fine Santal Absolut is very close, but a little spicier IMO, which I find pleasant. I get whiffs of it for several hours after my shave, but it doesn't stay strong enough for others to smell for more than 2 hours or so. Great stuff, like every Fine product that I've tried to date.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The Santal Absolut and the L'orange are on my list. I have the other ones. The matching soaps are next...it never ends.

Yeah it's nice. I didn't like it as much at first but smells better on skin than in bottle (more sweet scent from bottle). Doesn't last incredibly long, like most aftershaves, but does linger a bit in the morning.

Some have said it's very similar in scent to the popular art of shaving sandalwood aftershave. I haven't tried AOS to compare. I like the menthol addition to fine aftershaves. I enjoy most of the fine aftershave products.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

The scent seems to be the same as aos tallow sandalwood soap. I have used a little on each wrist like cologne and find it lasts only a couple of hours that way. Close to undetectable after 3 hours.

I really like this scent and will try to figure out how to make it last longer or perhaps track down the aos original.

I just received a bottle and I was hoping it smelled like the puck of EJ sandalwood shaving soap or the Proraso Sandalwood pre-shave, but it smells nothing like those. I haven't smelled the AOS sandalwood but I don't get any of the other products scent of sandalwood in this at all. As someone said, it smells earthy.

Can others who have both the Proraso and Edwin Jagger sandalwood products confirm the Santal Absolut doesn't smell like them at all.

Santal Absolut is one that I had to get accustomed to and I enjoy it for the longevity. The smell from the bottle is completely different than how it smells on my skin. On a whim, I recently purchased Dana's Monsieur Musk cologne and though sandalwood isn't one of its notes, it smells very similar on the skin.

I just got a bottle, and boy does this stuff smell great, strong scent and good lasting power as well, a good 7 hours for me.

Sandalwood can be all over the place on actual scent. Fine's Santal Absolut is almost a dead ringer for AoS Sandalwood cream and balm. Similar staying power too, meaning a little goes a long ways. Even then I can pick it up at the end of the day. I have Captain's Choice and Stirling sandalwood, not even close to the same scent profile. I like the lighter scent of these in warmer weather, the heavier AoS and Fine I much prefer in cooler weather.

On me is does last quite a while, 3-5 hours.

It smells just like NOS AoS Sandalwood pucks. It's not a perfect match but is a good one to the LPL OUD Santal soap. The 'matching' LPL aftershave smells nothing like the soap and smells like bad old lady perfume to me, disappointed would be an understatement

Top Bottom