What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Vegas loves guys like me. I'm the guy who 2 weeks ago predicted that Montreal's next win would be sometime next October.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1623174709699.png

Looking forward to the VGK/Avs tonight. They were very similar teams in the regular season. Both fast and scored a lot on breakaways. Vegas doing a good job negating the Avs speed and not letting them carry it into the o-zone. Vegas dealing with the Avs trying to do the same to them by dumping it in and forechecking to keep the puck on the Avs end and getting a few goals against an outstanding goalie. Tonight at home will be the Avs best chance to adapt. If they don't and Vegas is able to keep playing that same game, I think Vegas will take the series.

Owen Bawn

As a hockey traditionalist, each Montreal win makes each Boston game more important. But can they get past the Long Island club?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As a hockey traditionalist, each Montreal win makes each Boston game more important. But can they get past the Long Island club?

I believe that Montreal will face the winner of Vegas/Colorado. So the only Habs-Bruins match-up possible would be the finals.

Next round will get interesting when teams who haven't really even thought about playing each other all year will get to. It's a strange year.

Owen Bawn

I believe that Montreal will face the winner of Vegas/Colorado. So the only Habs-Bruins match-up possible would be the finals.
Yep. And who wouldn't want to see that final (other than the fans of the clubs Boston & Montreal would beat along the way)?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hmmm...I think I'll go out on a limb...Go Habs (and as a 'retired' goaltender myself...I hope Carey Price can stay healthy)!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Raise the Torch"!! Montreal Canadians Slogan

Last edited:
Avs were much better last night. I think karma has evened it out though. Vegas deserved to win game 2 & didn't. Avs probably deserved to win game 5 & didn't. Hopefully Vegas can close it out on Thursday night at home. Seems like the Avs are getting frustrated. They adapted their game a little but still want to play "their" game. Vegas wasn't as good getting the puck out of their zone. Hopefully the Avs keep thinking if they play harder they can win. I don't think they can. They're being out strategized, not outplayed.

Owen Bawn

Bruins are done. Now I'm a Montreal fan- till summer, anyway. I go all the way back with the Habs to my drinking days with Newsy Lalonde.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Bruins are done. Now I'm a Montreal fan- till summer, anyway. I go all the way back with the Habs to my drinking days with Newsy Lalonde.
After seven drinks each:
"Hey Newsy, who's your favourite teammate?"
"Diddier Peetrie ... Dider Pi-etty ... Didedider Pee-etrrr ... um ... Joe Malone."

Lightning vs. Islanders: Head says Lightning, heart says "Strong Island". Tampa Bay is deep and talented; Islanders are playing to avenge last years loss. Should be a fun series.

Golden Knights vs. Canadiens: Head says Vegas, heart says Montreal (only because it would be nice to see a team from the Great White North in the finals). Montreal will go as far as Carey Price can take them.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Flying Frenchmen vs. the Daffy Golden Ku-nigg-ets game one tonight ...

tenor (4).gif

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Habs seem pretty heavy underdogs.

1623699085308.png

Compare the regular season records of the two teams, and Vegas is way ahead. The question is ... are the Habs what their regular-season record says ... or ... are they now, finally, the team that has been able to fully implement The New Coach's System and won 7 games in a row?

We'll see ... but I suspect regardless of which team The Habs are now, the Ku-nigg-ets will be their toughest competition yet in these playoffs.

Top Bottom