What's new

Any frags similar to AOS Olibanum & Pepper?

Curious if some of my fellow frag heads here have ever come across a frag (hopefully a decent one at that) that smells like AOS’s Olibanum & Pepper shave cream? Kind of a fresh (without smelling like powder) church incense vibe?

Kind of a shot in the dark…but I love the smell of the shave cream, so I’m hopeful!

There are 2 that come to mind for me, Chris. First is from the house of Issey Miyake L'Eau D'issey Encens. Gorgeous incense with a leather & pepper touch. Very smooth and easy to wear church like type scent. Has a semi bittersweet accord throughout the frags wearing.
Second is Journey Man by Amouage. This is rich and decadent with pink pepper, incense,
leather and Tobacco leaf. This scent is a bit more challenging and not as easy to wear compared to Encens, initially. But, about an hour or two after initial sprays, it comes into its own with that deep and dark richness with a tinge of vibrancy from the juniper berries & light florals. A lovely composition that might take a few wearings to get accustomed too but, totally worth the ride. Almost majestic or regal like in its sillage.

Unfortunately, both are quite pricey. Samples is the best way to go amigo. Another as an honorable mention is Narciso Rodriguez for Him eau de toilette in the cement grey bottle. More musc in this creation and not as dark or rich as the aforementioned two other offerings. Still, worth a look.

If no luck getting samples, just pm me. We'll see what I can come up with my friend.

Happy scent hunting.

Thanks for your input Gus! I’ll take a look at these 👍
I went through a tub of that cream. I loved it. While I’ve not smelled anything exactly like it, you might want to try Bentley Absolute. It’s smoky, woody and a touch herbal with ginger, pepper and olibanum. It’s actually fairly subtle. People say it smells like Gucci Pour Homme (2003).

AOS apparently made an as balm, maybe you can find some.

proxy.php

Top Bottom