What's new

annoying issue with blackheads on nose...

My face is very clear right now, but the blackhead-infested pores on my nose won't go away no matter what method I've used. Lately I've been oil cleaning (which has worked very well on the rest of my face, by the way) and my nose is still a blackhead-ridden oil slick.

My step right now is to find an exfoliant to use occasionally, and after an initial clean evening, I've come up oily with both the St. Ives apricot scrub and the aspirin/yogurt method. This is killing me. Do I just need to find a very gentle exfoliant (lately I've had papaya enzyme recommended to me), or is my problem something else?

I have the same prob and large pores to go along with it. I find exfoliation helps, but a mud treatment (mask) works well also. One other thing, try applying alum daily as it will help to kill the bacteria that can collect there and lead to outbreaks or more blackheads. (It works for me, anyhow.)

Have you thought about using a blackhead removal strip? You wet them and set them on your nose. After it gets very dry you remove it.

I have the same problem, I liked the C&E daily mens scrub, it exfoliates and does not dry.

If you use alcohol like i do try it when your face is the most oily.

My stepfather is also a dermatologist and would recommend out of anything a bar of lever 2000, non deodorant of course (deodorant is very drying) . You also probably should get a facial from a professional every once and a while. It sucks but works.

There also is a neutrogena anti blackhead scrub witch is just OK.

Oh, by the way a lot of products for these types of problems are formulated to have an immediate effect but not to fix your problems. It is good business for them to make you keep buying and trying all of there product range. So if you get short results then brake out you should have paired the soap with scrub, then a mask, then lotion, then toner, then SPF protection, etc.

Top Bottom