What's new

Adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
This is very odd, I'm not getting any other reports of Contribs with ads.
I've got a call out to check and see what's going on.
Could be some other folks just haven't got a rooster call this early in the morning yet.
I logged out of B&B cleared my cookies from the site and restarted my computer just to be on the safe side. Something I did worked which is lucky because my step was getting a bigger hammer. No adds since yesterday.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
iPhone is normal and seems to be totally unaffected, but iPad is just a mess.
Too bad I don’t use my phone for B&B
I had the opposite. My phone was a mess but my laptop only had 1-2 ads on at a time.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had the opposite. My phone was a mess but my laptop only had 1-2 ads on at a time.
I bet you are right about cleaning cookies. Easy to do wholesale but I’m not sure how you did it based on the site alone.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Safari
Thanks
Ack! After 2012, Safari no longer supports Windows, which is what I have, so I can't load the latest version.

I did find this:

How to Clear Cookies for One Site in Safari​

When you manage cookies in Safari, you'll improve the performance of the browser and how it interacts with websites.

1. Select Preferences under the Safari menu.
    The Preferences option under the Safari menu
  2. Select the Privacy tab.
    The Privacy tab in Safari preferences
  3. Select Manage Website Data.
    The Manage Website Data button in Safari Privacy preferences
  4. Choose the site that placed the cookies in your browser and select Remove.
    The Remove button for site cookies in Safari
  5. Select Done when you've deleted all the cookies from Safari.
From this site:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ack! After 2012, Safari no longer supports Windows, which is what I have, so I can't load the latest version.

I did find this:

How to Clear Cookies for One Site in Safari​

When you manage cookies in Safari, you'll improve the performance of the browser and how it interacts with websites.

1. Select Preferences under the Safari menu.
    The Preferences option under the Safari menu
  2. Select the Privacy tab.
    The Privacy tab in Safari preferences
  3. Select Manage Website Data.
    The Manage Website Data button in Safari Privacy preferences
  4. Choose the site that placed the cookies in your browser and select Remove.
    The Remove button for site cookies in Safari
  5. Select Done when you've deleted all the cookies from Safari.
From this site:

Thank you Sir. Appreciate your attention to this and your responsiveness to everyone on this thread and frankly all over B&B.

I’m using Safari on an iPhone. I cleared my cookies and website data and when I came back to the site and browsed a bit, prior to logging back in, it was a much better experience, less overall ads and less intrusive ads. I logged in to my account and the ads are much more noticeable. I can deal with the ones in the thread list and forum list, the full page one that shows up every second or third thread I click on annoys me but the one at the bottom that covers the line I’m typing drives me nuts. I’ll go back to being a lurker for the next week or so and see if it’s better when I log back in

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I’m using Safari on an iPhone. I cleared my cookies and website data and when I came back to the site and browsed a bit, prior to logging back in, it was a much better experience, less overall ads and less intrusive ads. I logged in to my account and the ads are much more noticeable. I can deal with the ones in the thread list and forum list, the full page one that shows up every second or third thread I click on annoys me but the one at the bottom that covers the line I’m typing drives me nuts. I’ll go back to being a lurker for the next week or so and see if it’s better when I log back in
Have you logged in with a device other than your phone to compare conditions?

TopTopTop
I haven't done anything, but this time in logging in, I only have an ad at the top and at the bottom. A much better situation than last night! Thanks.

I spoke too soon. The aggressive ads are back! I can hardly make out the forum on account of all the ad "clutter." P.S., I cleared my cookies too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom