What's new

*** Advertise your favorite Shaving Essential

$Polsilver Superman Iridium.jpg

This one is meant to be a bit incongruous, this is supposed to look like an ad from the early 1980s, but sellign a product that would have been very out of style (And I think this brand was not even made anymore by this time)
$ManlyStraightrazor.jpg

Hypothetical screen grab from a TV advert for Viking Sword blades.
A little background on this one, if you have never seen the show Vikings, you might want to check it out http://www.history.ca/vikings/
Just be warned the show is pretty graphic. But an incredibly interesting story no less. Also, I apologize if you see some part of this image as a spoiler, but it's in books far older than you or I, and has been alluded to in the show already. The character shown is Ragnar Lodbrok https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok and the story is of questionable veracity.
$Viking Sword Shaving Blades.jpg

This is done in the style of circa 1940's advertising. Sorry if it's not perfect, it's a bit quick and dirty, and I'm pretty rusty but, I hope you enjoy. And long live the fat.

View attachment 599672
I think I could really get into trying to do some ads for different sorts of products from different eras. I think it would also be neat to do a totally modern product in an older setting and vice versa

I love this one!! Great work!

Thanks, I have a lot more in the pipeline, in fact, I probably have 3 I could post right now!
Also, as full disclosure, I do not, in fact use or like all the products I've been *advertising*, but some I do. My interest in this is more in making interesting advertisements regardless of my feelings for the product.

Not the biggest fan of ol' Steve, or the stuff he made, but I have a degree of respect, and I think he was a perfect candidate for a "Got Milk" style ad for shaving cream. Also, there might maybe probably not possibly maybe be a secret message contained in this image. good luck finding it. I wonder if TOBS has a secret "Apple" scent?
Anyway, I present to you, what I call "Steve Tobs":
$Steve Tobs.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom