What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

1962 Gillette Slim. 3rd shave. Used setting 7 and preferred it to the first two shaves at 5. Will do one more shave at 7 before moving to 9. Great razor.

B0FAD25E-53E0-4DEA-AA3D-764677D43286.jpeg

Adjustable April 24 Shave 15

Homelike Elbrus
Wizamet SI
That Darn Rob - Tux
Mastersoap Creations - Vintage Spice
Master Soap -

This is the Two-Tone Elbrus and WOW does it look spectacular - my images don't do it justice.
It took me a while to figure it out and I find that at about 4 and below, it's very angle specific. If I don't get it right, I end up doing to many passes.

Above 4 that goes away.

The brush is from "That Darn Rob", so goes back a while.
Both the Vintage Spice Soap and Allura Splash are from Master Soap Creations and the blade is of course a Whizzy..

sotd240415B.jpg

Day 15, Rex Ambassador

20240415_091143.jpg

Today's shave has been a highly efficiency one. Rex Ambassador on settings 3.5 and 1.5. Boy, this thing takes the whiskers down. Just a few touchups. BBS. I caught one tiny weeper, but other than that no blemishes occured.

The first half of Adjustable April is in the books... Wishing you a joyful second half! 🤩👍

Cheers!

AA ‘24

In the low 80’s today and had to get a Lime infused shave in today. The Ultima just removed the whiskers easily in 2 passes for a super smooth finish and a wonderful lime scent that felt refreshing and quite invigorating. Didn’t last long but, it was gorgeous while it lasted.

Great shaves to all….

0A8B8B8A-1C29-45FF-A043-CE568F6F32EE.jpeg

Adjustable April 24 / Shave 15

Shield Titanium Adjustable
Wizamet SI
No-Name Synthetic
BunduBeard - Cedarberg Citrus
Master Soap - Sample (Menthol)

This is only my second shave with this Shield Adjustable. In order to adjust it you need to loosen the handle and push the plate across and re-tighten the handle. The problem with this is that repeatability becomes problematic.

I learned my lesson after my first shave so I set it up as a slight differential last night. I also tend to apply too much pressure with lighter razors and kept this in mind throughout this mornings shave and ended up with slightly less smooth face but no weepers.

sotd240416.jpg

16 April

Merkur Progress • GSB
Ariana & Evans Indo-Ink • PAA Starcraft
IMG_20240415_122324231.jpg

A vintage Progress for today. Starting from '0' (as numbering should 😛), set to 3 for the first pass. I have a healthy respect for these at anything approaching higher settings so care was required on the first pass. Then dialed back to 2 for the next and subsequent clean up - of which very little was required.

It's hard to envisage a better shave than the one I had this morning. An incredibly smooth, close and easy shave, leaving me with fantastically soft, totally irritation-free skin. I absolutely love this razor.

I know, I know, the Yaqi Bohemia is not a real adjustable. But it's adjustable-ish AND I actually took it out because it sometimes reminds me of my Rex Ambassador, which is greatly missed.

People always nag about the blade feel of the Ambassador, but this thing on it's second plate feels close to an Ambassador at 4-ish...at least that's what I'm feeling, from memory.

In my head this was an Ambassador shave. :)

full

I know, I know, the Yaqi Bohemia is not a real adjustable. But it's adjustable-ish AND I actually took it out because it sometimes reminds me of my Rex Ambassador, which is greatly missed.

People always nag about the blade feel of the Ambassador, but this thing on it's second plate feels close to an Ambassador at 4-ish...at least that's what I'm feeling, from memory.

In my head this was an Ambassador shave. :)

full
📢 Pull up! Hands where I can see them. 🚔

:lol:

Well, got a bit out of my comfort zone and bought a razor lot last night. Pics posted in my shaving Journal, link below. Trying out one of the razors today. 1960 F4 Toggle. Case and razor have a little wear but I probably wouldn't want to use it if it was pristine. Came with some blades and the instruction booklet is still in the case. Supporting characters are VDH soap and an Opal Boar.
1713275443636.png
1713275465451.png

Journey of the Smokedstanley - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/journey-of-the-smokedstanley.645794/

This is my first post on this forum. After an abortive and short-lived DE razor shaving attempt about five years ago with a Merkur 180 (23C), I recently tried again, soon picking up a variety of milder DE razors, including my first adjustables.

This week I've been using adjustable razors that are currently available new. Sunday it was a Merkur Progress with the short handle. I hadn't used it in a while and found I liked it a lot more than I remembered. Yesterday I used a Parker Variant. It was good. Today I gave a Pearl Flexi a go, and I enjoyed it less than the other two. Perhaps it was due to the shaving cream not being as good as the kinds used with the others.

Tomorrow is the Rex Ambassador, and although I haven't used it for a few weeks it's been a favorite. Next will be a Rockwell T2, which I also have liked. Later this week it will be a brass Yaqui TFC, a razor I haven't yet tried.

Next week I may give a Super Adjustable a go for the first time as well as a couple of FBs and Slims which are among my all time favorite adjustable DE razors.

Top Bottom