What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

I can't play as I hope to fire up my Chinese blade study in April and will need a standard platform for a long time. But I had a curiousity question, Would the new Shield adjustable qualify? It has a plate that slides (not interchangeable) to adjust (with the result that each side ends up with a different gap).

For all those who can't wait, here's a little appetizer!

IMG_9282.jpeg

Had a good DFS++ today with my Rex Ambassador XL and a Gillette Perma-Sharp. I did 3 passes: 4 (WTG), 2.5 (XTG), 1.5 (ATG)

Have a great day everyone!

First shave with Le Gibbs reglable.
Bought this from @Black-Tie, who was kind enough to add some home made blade holders.Thanks again, Bo! 🍻

I have owned 3 Gibbs inspired razors before (flexi, ambassador, HCS gibbs replica).

This one ofcourse needs regular DE blades to be slightly altered. It was easily done using a paper perforator.

This original is a very impressive razor. Classy looks, veeeerrrryyy smooth and good efficiency. It was so smooth that I was a bit worried it might not be efficient enough - but post shave feel after passes on 4 - 5 and N proved a very soft dolphinskin.

I'm happy to have finally added this to my collection!

full

Again Thanks to Bo for treating this old gem they way he did, for the smooth transaction, the help and his kindness.

Have a great Easter!

Last edited:
I’m starting early as well as I am also in Vintage April

1963 Slim Arosticrat
Baker Street
Timeless bowl
RE synthetic
Proraso pre
AccuForge SS (1)
And since gold razor go with gold parfum
Tom Ford Black Orchard Parfum

1st shave with this razor. 1st time using Baker Stereet. Locked her in on 7 and went at it. 2 passes WTG and XTG rinse and done. No feedback no irritation.

DFS 9.5

IMG_0205.jpeg

So let's kick off Adjustable April 2024 officially! Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. It's great to have you all in 😀

20240401_093149.jpeg

Day 1. A lovely shave with my 1961 Fatboy. Two passes on setting 6 wtg and 3 atg, some touchups (8) on the crucial chin / jaw line area... and an almost BBS result was easily achived. Very nice.

Wishing you a great start into the new week - and the event 😀

Cheers!

Last edited:
Adjustable April 01
Klinco Gummi-Elastisch
Wizamet SI
BunduBeard - Boomslang Soap
Rubberset 400 with a Oumo Silvertip
Aramis 900

I'm starting AA24 with the Klinco Gummi Elastisch.

A simple piece of softish rubber between the base plate and the top cap acts as the spring to keep the tension on the blade.
It dates to around the early 1950's.

I haven't found the right rubber yet, this is close but still has a bit of memory so the opening adjustment isn't "instant".

SOTD240401.jpg

1 April:
Apollo Mikron 2nd Gen • Apollo No.20 Blade •
Proraso White • Yaqi Rainbow Synthetic brush
IMG_20240401_100939457.jpg

On a whim decided to break open an Apollo No.20 blade of unknown vintage!

Don't like to crank this one up too high so set on my usual '3' - offering a beautiful, close, easy 3-pass shave. Despite my misgivings the blade was surprisingly good - pretty smooth and tolerably sharp. At a guess the blade will be better again over the next couple of shaves. Very successful start to Adjustable April.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
SNMIRN / Nacet
Snmirn.jpg

In general I am wary to use products with abbreviations I don't understand, like... SNMIRN.

But actually it's just a slightly more futuristic Futur clone with a magnetic cap! Which is working flawlessly. I could easily lift it and see the I had loaded one of my last Nacets, apparently quite a while ago.

Compared to the Merkur and its Qshave and Ming Shi clones this model shaves quite a bit milder.

I already shaved with the Bohemia yesterday, so actually didn't shave yet. This photo serves as a reminder to shave with the... SNMIRN... tonight.

The included stand was a nice touch. It doesn't stilistically perfectly fit the razor and likely was not made with it in mind.

This razor is a bit easier to fully disassemble than my Futur, Qshave or Yaqi Ultima: the retention ring preventing the handle from falling off is much more pliable.

The finish isn't perfect, the razor seems to have risen in price, it was once 12 USD, today I saw it for 25 EUR.

Have a great month, not only regarding shaving, everyone! 👋

Top Bottom