What's new

Ach Brito's Lavanda

Any difference in terms of performance between mogno and lavanda?

I consider them about equal, but it could be that Ach. Brito has in the meantime pulled the plug on Mogno shaving cream. :huh:
I just went to their website to confirm price (it used to cost around €8.99 vs. €4.55 for Lavanda) and the Mogno cream is no longer shown.
Still plenty of it going around through vendors though.

Also Mogno shaving soap is still on the Ach. Brito website and I can recommend this one highly…

B.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I consider them about equal, but it could be that Ach. Brito has in the meantime pulled the plug on Mogno shaving cream. :huh:
I just went to their website to confirm price (it used to cost around €8.99 vs. €4.55 for Lavanda) and the Mogno cream is no longer shown.
Still plenty of it going around through vendors though.

Also Mogno shaving soap is still on the Ach. Brito website and I can recommend this one highly…

B.
Mogno soap is great.

Used it for the first time today (I am already a big fan of the cologne). Very good cream, thick and slick. Scent is very subtle. A winner.
I still love the cologne myself, but it's such a shame how fleeting it is for being a magnificent scent. I don't think I'll buy it again after this bottle here is finished, since the scent has no duration and the price has gone up substantially. The shave cream however, will most likely always have a spot here!

View attachment 764754

I've been 3017ing a Portuguese shaving cream which was discontinued then brought back a few years ago. I haven't seen anything written about it lately which is a shame for such a fine product. Slick thick lather with minimal effort with a fantastic herbal lavender scent. Just a hint of menthol as well. Classy metal tube, hermetically sealed and with simple old school graphics. One of the best shaving products I've used. Any other fans out there?
Mine came today so I'll let you know tomorrow. Little hard to squeeze.

View attachment 764754

I've been 3017ing a Portuguese shaving cream which was discontinued then brought back a few years ago. I haven't seen anything written about it lately which is a shame for such a fine product. Slick thick lather with minimal effort with a fantastic herbal lavender scent. Just a hint of menthol as well. Classy metal tube, hermetically sealed and with simple old school graphics. One of the best shaving products I've used. Any other fans out there?

View attachment 764754

View attachment 764754

I have use it once. I am a portuguese myself. It is an old brand and has quality products.
In what concerns to this crem it made an honest lather but I got allergy over my cheeks so I throwed it away. That's it.

I found it to be very thick and hard to squeeze but worked fine. Scent pleasant but barely there. Lather was good but nothing to write home about. I still prefer my Bigelow menthol and camphor kick.

I found it to be very thick and hard to squeeze but worked fine. Scent pleasant but barely there. Lather was good but nothing to write home about. I still prefer my Bigelow menthol and camphor kick.
I once got a tube of Lavanda that was hard to coax out of the tube.
I suspect that it had been sitting on the shelf in the store for too long, as Lavanda is not a shaving cream that is well known.

Try to keep it in the fridge for 24 hrs, that softens the cream and the effect lasts for quite a while afterwards.

B.

I have use it once. I am a portuguese myself. It is an old brand and has quality products.
In what concerns to this crem it made an honest lather but I got allergy over my cheeks so I throwed it away. That's it.
Today I noticed cushion wasn't good so I tossed it and finished the shave with Speick. Much better.

Lavanda smells really nice and is inexpensive but it takes a lot of product to make a satisfactory lather. Lasts at most 2 weeks.

Mogno smells even better, a bit less product is required, lasts me 3 weeks, but it is 2x the price (here anyway).

Lavanda cologne very nice but dilute and scent not long-lasting.

Lavanda smells really nice and is inexpensive but it takes a lot of product to make a satisfactory lather. Lasts at most 2 weeks.

Mogno smells even better, a bit less product is required, lasts me 3 weeks, but it is 2x the price (here anyway).

Lavanda cologne very nice but dilute and scent not long-lasting.

This is one case where I find “YMMV” (that I otherwise try to avoid) appropriate, because I get a lot more mileage out of a tube of Lavanda.

Regarding the excellent Mogno shaving cream, it is no longer shown on the Ach. Brito website, so they may have discontinued it. :sad:
The Mogno shaving soap that I like very much (despite its odd shape) continues to be available though.

B.

Last edited:
I’ve had two 3-pass shaves with Lavanda. Very good stuff!

Nice, gentle aroma and easy lathering. Even the packaging works well. A slight squeeze of the tube yields an average amount of the cream, which is more than enough. Very slick, especially if I get the moisture right. No scrapes or other ouches, even with a mediocre blade. Also, easy to rinse off brush and sink.

What more could I ask?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use Lavanda a lot and really enjoy the product, the Lavanda shave cream is great and gives excellent protection and excellent results. The cost of the Lavanda Aftershave cologne has gone up recently when I last checked.
It is not a loud scent and is more a mellow lingering pleasant lavender and other ingredients scent that is a great and lasts for some time.
I used some Lavanda this morning and that is a good way to start the day off.
Lavender is one of my favorite scents and I find the creams & croaps of lavender one of the best for protection I have noticed over the last 5 years.(Great stuff) 3rd tub of my Razorock Lavender (discontinued :sad:) also has excellent lather qualities.
SOTD July 2 2022.jpg
SOTD June 19 2022.jpg
SOTD June 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
View attachment 764754

me... love it!!!

Top Bottom