What's new

About-Face Shaving Cream

Yep, I've used shaving cream on my face.

It worked pretty well, but your mileage may vary.:wink:

There are many from which to choose.

My faves:

Speick
Proraso Green
Nivea Creme A Raser (sp?)
Erasmic
Body Shop
Taylor's St. James
Taylor's Sandalwood

My question was on a particular creme called

"About-Face Shaving Cream" as my title says.

Apparently is was invented by a DC lawyer turned semi-pro chemist who was sick of razor burn.

Thanks,
Abe

I tried to get a sample and Allen the inventor responded that he did not send out samples but has a 100% money back guarantee that no one has ever used in all the years he has sold this formula. Anyone out there ever try it? I suppose it is sold locally in a lot of shops in Washington D.C.

Like noted above by TorzJohnson it’s not lathering and before I agree with him about it not being for me let me say few things about the product.

I picked it up somewhere in Manhattan, however I don't remember the place. It clearly does what it claims, you get a clean close comfortable(CCC since we already have BBB) shave without razor burn, in addition its very moisturizing and can be re-applied as after shave. I don’t want is say it’s not for me simply because I think in has a purpose as a go to cream when time is an issue. I have used it often as my second shave of the day. I get home on a Friday night after a long day at the office and decide to paint the town red; I grab my jar of “About Face” and get a quick close touch-up shave, and for those mornings when the alarm clock fails to go off “About Face’’ to the rescue. It’s also great for traveling and overnighters, when I am on vacation I still want a CCC and a BBB face but a little quicker.

This all being said I enjoy my morning routine of making lather from one of my many creams or soaps (thanks B&B for introducing me to so many great products) then brushing it on, only to re-apply it for second and third pass that this or for that matter any brushless cream can’t replace. Let me also add I tried many brushless creams and this was the best.

To recap “About Face” has a spot in my shaving den for the reasons I mention above and I will think it's worth a try. :001_rolle:001_rolle:001_rolle

No me either, if I were why would I ask others for info on it?
I would probably rave about it and say its the best thing since sliced bread!

I tried to get a sample and the inventor Allen, told me he does not give samples out, but has a 100% money back guarantee, all the three T's sent me samples, (yes even Taylor of Bond street who stopped giving samples squeezed on in for me from a fresh batch, and I got it today) and a few other popular makers also, so that was the main reason for asking. It sounded pretty good but I could not find any info on it in any shaving forums, even though it has been around for years.

Regards,
AAA

Top Bottom