What's new

A good warming aftershave for winter?

Hi folks,

Curious if anyone knows of a good "warming" aftershave to use during cold months? For context I really like my Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic A/S with Menthol, but it's a bit too "cold" for me to use during winter right now.

Any suggestions for something that will "warm up" my face?

I do like aftershaves with alcohol, because I love the burn.

If it helps, my process is: Shave ==> Thayer's ==> A/S ==> Nivea Balm

Thanks all!

To my knowledge there is no „warming“ AS formula but there are warm winter scents. For instance I like Proraso Red with Sandalwood.

CCD7A67F-BD28-4C9C-B73C-05D7103912F9.jpeg

Tabac Original would fit as well

967E4816-0F2E-4BBC-BF87-350FE4921C62.jpeg

Many years ago L'Occitane had a Cade AS splash. This had cayenne or capsaicin in it (a very small amount) and would slightly warm one's face. To date after trying a WHOLE LOT of AS, it's the only "warming" aftershave I've ever encountered.

Usually when any product causes my face to become warm, tingly, or hot, it's a good indication that I am allergic to said product.

Proraso Red is a staple for me this time of year since I find it well moisturizing, and it does leave my face feeling kind of warm. Could be just in my mind, though.

I usually do the Nivea first, then the splash, only because I like the scent of my aftershaves better than the Nivea scent.

Many years ago L'Occitane had a Cade AS splash. This had cayenne or capsaicin in it (a very small amount) and would slightly warm one's face. To date after trying a WHOLE LOT of AS, it's the only "warming" aftershave I've ever encountered.

Usually when any product causes my face to become warm, tingly, or hot, it's a good indication that I am allergic to said product.
Wow, capsaicin?!?! I would be so stressed about getting that in my eyes and/or nicks & cuts.

You could check out Massacre of the Innocents from Declaration Grooming. It’s a dupe of Herod the Perfums de Marley cologne, it’s known to be a warm spicy scent profile if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom