What's new

A good Gin....

I've been through all of the super-premium gins, including Boodles and Plymouth, and I've settled on a surprising brand for my martinis: Gordon's. It's inexpensive and classic -- kind of like wet shaving. Give it a try. Unless you are hung up on a label, you just might like it! :wink:

S

sullivanpm

I've been through all of the super-premium gins, including Boodles and Plymouth, and I've settled on a surprising brand for my martinis: Gordon's. It's inexpensive and classic -- kind of like wet shaving. Give it a try. Unless you are hung up on a label, you just might like it! :wink:

I completely agree Gordon's is what I drink.

i at least enjoyed my time there- not really sure about the MPs:biggrin:

Is the cue and ale still around?....

The Cue and Ale is still here, although it may have moved since you were here. It's now near the intersection of Bragg Blvd. and Ft. Bragg Rd. -- in the vee. Originally it was in King Shopping Center, closer to post. I used to go there when it was actually a pool hall. :laugh:

Oh that's great! :closedeye How do Russ and Herb feel about the topic?

I was asking myself the same thing, Matt. This being Wisconsin, I'd hope that they would not be in favor, but who knows.

Growing up literally across the St. Croix River in Stillwater, MN and now having gone to school and lived on the other side of the river in Wisconsin for the past 5 years, I'm starting to fear the worst: This newly discovered jewel that is Wisconsin* could slowly be turning into Minnesota (Twin Cities and surrounding suburban area Minnesota).

Editor's note :wink: :

1)Liquor stores open on Sunday.
2)It's so close to Minnesota.
3)Rural western Wisconsin, while potentially boring to the uninitiated, is a beautiful place to live.
4)The tobacco taxes are considerably less than Minnesota.
5)Land is cheap
6)It's not crowded...yet.
7)Liquor stores open on Sunday.

I was asking myself the same thing, Matt. This being Wisconsin, I'd hope that they would not be in favor, but who knows.

Growing up literally across the St. Croix River in Stillwater, MN and now having gone to school and lived on the other side of the river in Wisconsin for the past 5 years, I'm starting to fear the worst: This newly discovered jewel that is Wisconsin* could slowly be turning into Minnesota (Twin Cities and surrounding suburban area Minnesota).

Editor's note :wink: :

1)Liquor stores open on Sunday.
2)It's so close to Minnesota.
3)Rural western Wisconsin, while potentially boring to the uninitiated, is a beautiful place to live.
4)The tobacco taxes are considerably less than Minnesota.
5)Land is cheap
6)It's not crowded...yet.
7)Liquor stores open on Sunday.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love it here! While I'm thinking of packing my things a moving across the country, I'm definitely heading back to Wisconsin to settle down.

You are right about the crowding. Eau Claire's population is close to 70,000 as of the last census, compared to 58,000 before. Why I don't know, all we got here is chain restaurants! I laughed when someone told me that Texas Roadhouse should branch out. Ahhh.....:lol:

Top Bottom