What's new

A Gem Of A Razor

Its a Gem single edge "Featherweight" that flips open to insert a blade. The seller appears very reliable so I am sure its in great if not mint condition.

Hey Slantman that is the exact same razor that I used to introduce myself to SE shaving. I started this past Saturday and I am loving it so far. What a great purchase. I think you will enjoy it..:thumbup:

You know, I've sold all the Featherweights I've obtained because they felt too light. Maybe I should reconsider as I have one left...

Great razors, and as I just got done saying in another thread on an identical Feather Weight in similarly fine condition, it amazes me how many I see (and have!) in this wonderful condition. Great li'l shavers, and yes, they're really light (hence the name... Feather Weight :biggrin:).

Somebody just sold one on this website and it looked mint in original case. The lucky guy got it for $19.

I am not sure but possibly say 50s. What I am thinking because the handle is plastic but thats a guess. I am sure someone knows.

Just found this little piece on the internet

Aug 24, 1952 - Try the new Gem Duridium Blade, men-the finest blade \ we ve made in our 56 year history! BUY A 984 GEM FEATHERWEIGHT RAZOR AND TRY THE NEW. 10 BLADE DISPENSER 554. | | " Mu^ l 0 l 0- o^~sZ l20 BLADE DISPENSE. I _n PA r Of _ a. _ a Froya M3- A. American Safety Razor Corp., Brooklyn 1, ...

Just found this little piece on the internet

Aug 24, 1952 - Try the new Gem Duridium Blade, men-the finest blade \ we ve made in our 56 year history! BUY A 984 GEM FEATHERWEIGHT RAZOR AND TRY THE NEW. 10 BLADE DISPENSER 554. | | " Mu^ l 0 l 0- o^~sZ l20 BLADE DISPENSE. I _n PA r Of _ a. _ a Froya M3- A. American Safety Razor Corp., Brooklyn 1, ...

Thanks for the info.. It's nice knowing that I have a little of piece of history which shaves great. I found it amazing reading through other posts that Gem is older than Gillette. Go figure..

This is the Gem sold here 2 days ago. Check this out for $19

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119540

Cool, didn't know it was that one. I saw it when it was still full price. $19 was a real bargain for that one. First, it even had the papers (gotta be worth 5 bucks or more there). Plus, it was a gold plated model. Far fewer gold ones in that nice of shape, for some reason the nickel versions seem to have withstood the test of time much better. While I like the blade box that came with mine, Texbilly's was cooler. That was a very good price for that set (I did still get a slamin' deal on mine though!).

Top Bottom