What's new

A Beautiful Razor

In this hobby of ours we see a lot of razors that some of us would call beautiful. Today I got my brass “General” razor from Colonial Razors and I have to say it is the most beautiful razor I have ever seen. And I have seen and owned many.
I could sell the rest of my razors and be happy with just this one. It is a beauty. And it shaves nicely too. Here is a picture.

General_EJ.JPG

In this hobby of ours we see a lot of razors that some of us would call beautiful. Today I got my brass “General” razor from Colonial Razors and I have to say it is the most beautiful razor I have ever seen. And I have seen and owned many.
I could sell the rest of my razors and be happy with just this one. It is a beauty. And it shaves nicely too. Here is a picture.

View attachment 791797
Soo Shinnny!

sun-too-bright.gif

I've never much cared for the look of SE razors until I saw that. It's a beautiful, sleek, clean looking design. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Congrats on acquiring a beautiful razor.

Nice.
I had the aluminum version and I sold it because I preferred the RazorRock Hawk (it was a close call though). But the look of the brass General is really tempting. One of the reasons why I decided not to pull the trigger was that I had read several times about poor finish or nicks, and honestly I don't want to pay $100 and taking the risk of receiving a razor that I am not 100% happy with.
.... but it is tempting :).

Nice.
I had the aluminum version and I sold it because I preferred the RazorRock Hawk (it was a close call though). But the look of the brass General is really tempting. One of the reasons why I decided not to pull the trigger was that I had read several times about poor finish or nicks, and honestly I don't want to pay $100 and taking the risk of receiving a razor that I am not 100% happy with.
.... but it is tempting :).

It depends what you are looking for. They say in their ad that it may have machining marks on it, which mine does. They are very minor and I don't care. I bought this razor because it is made of sturdy brass that will show signs of use with age. It will acquire highlights and hews of a different color that will enhance the appearance of the razor.
I really prefer the weight of the lighter one but I had to have this brass one. Very cool IMO.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It will be intersting to get you thoughts on it after a bit more time has passed.
While it looks nice new, I would like to see it after the brass takes on some character. That should be very nice then.

Some knurling would have been nice but guess they were aiming for form over function.
New, the knurling may have taken away from the look but as aged brass I think it would look nice. IMO.

Their are so many nice looking razors out there. What I like most about this one is that it is made from brass just like many of the vintage razors were. With no plating it should take on some nice character. That is the main reason I bought it.

General_RR.JPG

Top Bottom