What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

1577700663733.png

I see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Is it the Maltese Falcon razor or a facsimile of one put out by P&G.:lol::lol::lol:
Check back in 2 days.

I see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Is it the Maltese Falcon razor or a facsimile of one put out by P&G.:lol::lol::lol:
Check back in 2 days.

Look inside. It's there. 2020 will bring clear vision, and everyone who completed the Sabbatical will see their Maltese Falcon.

Can't wait to hear what you choose.

I can tell you now. MWF, Tabac and Cella. Also 100 Voskhod blades which equates to a minimum of 3 years worth of blades daily shaving. That will guarantee me to get through the Leap Year (4yr) restraint without buying anything at all. After that, they will be my primary blade and probably only blade.

Oh, and a slant head.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Last edited:
I don't even remember what number I am, but still in.
My restock window will be shorter than other years as I'm hitting the road for work very early in the new year, but I strongly suspect I'll join again for 2020.

Lucky number 91 checking in.
I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I'll join next year.

This year has certainly taught me lots about restraint (especially the gimmick of absolutely having to have the newest latest greatest thing). Sure there are few things I'd like to try within the next year or so, but can I squeeze it all into the restock window? We'll see. At this point I had a big restock list. And now, what I'm now referring to as "the sabbatical effect" has kicked in and I've paired my initial list down to about 1/3 of what it used to be. So, whether or not I decide to join the 2020 sabbatical, I'm certain that will continue to have the same restraint.

Number 17 checking in, as we have 7 hours till midnight here in Sydney at the moment, there is no chance of purchasing anything.
I found it easy to keep myself from purchasing anything, even though I am very low on supplies.
I'm in for next year, after restocking.

Number 97 checking in. Less than 16 hours till the end of the year, and won't be buying anything today.
I still have too many soaps, creams and AS and I'm happy with te razors I have.
Haven't bought anything since 2016 but i'm surprised to see how little my stas decreased since then.
Tomorrow I'll buy a new synth brush and then onto the 10 years challenge

Congrats to all that made it and good luck next year!
Happy New Year everybody!

No. 67 checking in with about 22 hours to go and 22 hours until I drop the hammer at Maggard's.

Congrats to all that survived and Happy New year.

1577787210406.png

That's it; the last shave of the year. Except for a few hours of waiting, the Maltese Falcon Sabbatical is over.

Congratulations to all the survivors. Special thanks to @Pepin.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’m good!! Already shaved today and am working a 16 hour shift.
There will be no purchases today!!
Or for the next 10 years

Top Bottom