What's new

$2.50 a month, not bad for a shampoo bar.

So, I have been using shampoo bars for almost a year now, having gotten onto the idea because of the B&B community. I am enjoying the bars. I don't think that the ones I have tried so far are necessarily better for dandruff than the chemical filled liquids, but my hair looks and feels better, the bathroom is filled with nice scents and I get to stay away from SLS etc.

So far, I used the Cedarwood Rosemary from QCS, then decided to order the Nettles and Ayurvedic Herb from CV. So one bar from Queen Charlotte and then two from Chagrin Valley. I still have about a month of use left on the second bar from CV, but decided to place an order for three bars from QCS (to try some of their different options).

Before placing the new QCS order, I decided to have a quick look back to when I made the first order for my first bar. Turns out it was April of last year. So, given that I still have at least a month of use left on my third bar, I am using less than three shampoo bars per year. I am not stingy on product at all, and the calculation means that I am using one bar for four whole months. At around $10 a bar (to include the cost of shipping), that works out to only $2.50 a month to use shampoo bars. Not bad for getting a quality, natural, harsh chemical free, smaller business product shipped right to my door:thumbup:

Especially good since, as with all my wet shaving gear, I am doing this to save money:001_tongu

My wife and I have been using the QCS Cedarwood and Rosemary for about 6 months and have really been impressed. For us it has stopped dandruff which we were both using heavy chemical anti-dandruff shampoo for. Our hair is also thicker, has more body and easier to manage. For us at least it has been great. I tried their Tea Tree Lavender, while nice it was not quite as effective, my scalp started itching a little on the second day after use.

My wife and I have been using the QCS Cedarwood and Rosemary for about 6 months and have really been impressed. For us it has stopped dandruff which we were both using heavy chemical anti-dandruff shampoo for. Our hair is also thicker, has more body and easier to manage. For us at least it has been great. I tried their Tea Tree Lavender, while nice it was not quite as effective, my scalp started itching a little on the second day after use.

I have a feeling that if I settle on one bar, it will end up being the QCS Cedarwood Rosemary. The Tea Tree Lavender sounded interesting so it is one of the three bars I have coming in the mail from QCS, but I guess it makes sense that it performs slightly less than the others. I also ordered the Peppermint Eucalyptus and have high hopes for it.

Eh? Everything has some natural stuff in it. What, in particular, bothers you?

My guess is that it is the idea of trying something different that is most bothersome to tank.

Top Bottom