What's new

Mama Bear Old Spice type shaving soap

Item Description

I used Old Spice shaving soap in the well-known bowl with the fishing schooner many years ago, unfortunately, it's no longer made. The other day, I received a Mama Bear soap as a gift which has the EXACT same scent and lather, and gives the EXACT same kind of lovely shave. This stuff is dynamite, and unlike some other soaps which I tried, I get no adverse reactions on my skin at all whatsoever. Great stuff, I highly recommend it to any Old Spice lover.

Jeff

Latest reviews

I got this off the BST when another member had an allergic reaction to it. If you have really sensetive skin, I would pass. If you dont, you will be in heaven.

If I had to pick one soap to use for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Great lather with minimal effort, nice and slick, and my skin never feels dry. It just feels great to use this product.

I have a huge selection of soaps (Tabac, MWF, Irisch Moos, Harris, C&E, etc etc) and this is my favorite. It hits the old spice scent dead on. I have the Indian Shulton cream and I still think this is a better representation. Pairs great with the real old spice aftershave and doesnt smell like a cheap knock-off. A+ Sue, you did an amazing job on this one. Gold Star + Smiley face :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Being a great fan of Shulton formula Old Spice this soap was a must-try for me - and it has not been a dissapointment.

proxy.php

Price:
A decent price for a good solid well performing product

Quality:
As good as a non-tallow soap gets really

Scent:
Good old Shulton formula Old Spice - i'm lovin' it :biggrin1:

Lather:
Best lather I have ever gotten from a non-tallow soap

Efficacy:
I expect this puck to hold for ages, I have used this soap several times, but it doesn't seem to get any smaller

Moisturizing:
Not the best moisturizing abilities I have ever experienced from a soap, but far from the worst either

If I ever get to the bottom of this puck I will most surely replace it - this is not the best performing soap in my rotation (that title goes to Mitchell's Wool Fat and the white Proraso), but it does a really good job and the scent is awesome!

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Introduction: As far as glycerin soaps go, I think Mama Bear's are the favorites here at Badger & Blade. I love the scent of Old Spice. When he was younger, my father would also wear the aftershave. Whenever he came out of the bathroom he smelled like it. I remember of Sunday mornings I would always catch a whiff of it when he would tie my necktie for Sunday morning Mass. I am really looking forward to this soap.

Price: The soap costs $7.99. That isn't too bad at all. I would say the price is good, especially when you consider that Mama Bear's has some of the best glycerin soaps out there. Good value.

Lather: The lather was the same as yesterday's QED, which is a good thing. It did not take long to load the brush and afterwards it only took ten seconds to make a nice, luxurious lather. Bravo, Mama Bear's.

Scent: Here is where I was a little disappointed. The scent is nowhere near as strong as the QED Badger & Blade shaving soap that I used yesterday. The scent was not a pure Old Spice either. Meh, maybe I'm being too picky.

Shave: I received a BBS shave in three passes. The soap did a good job at providing a slick cushion.

Moisturizing properties: My face felt great after my shave. I would say this soap did a good job in the moisturizing department.

Packaging: It comes in a white tub with a black lid. Overall the packaging is a little disappointing. The tubs do not feel as strongly-made as the QED tubs. In fact, they feel a little flimsy. Then again, you pay more for QED, so that might be it.

Final thoughts: Overall I enjoyed this soap. I will most likely be using it to make a superlather with some Old Spice shaving cream I purchased from The Shave Den.

Where to purchase: The only place to purchase this soap is at MamaBearSoaps.com. The cost is $7.99 per tub plus shipping.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)