What's new

The 1 razor you would save

+1. I have too many to choose from and I love them all!
If things were bad enough that I didn't have enough time to grab more than one razor, then the ability to shave would be the last thing on my mind!

I was just thinking the same stuff, dead men don't shave! Wife and whatever family that's at hand and my meds, heck with the rest!

If only one then my Fatboy.

But I own only three razors so I'll go with Bookworm on the below. Actually I am building a nice box as we speak so let's hope the event can wait until end this week. Then I'll grab a nice box with all my razors.

I'd just grab the box. No need to pick just one when they're all in a box you can carry.

Sorry to nitpick, but ball-end handles and steel parts sounds more like post-war.
Hey Toby,
I'm pretty sure both handles were available with both heads. All I know for sure is this is the way they came to me from my mom, hard to believe both were miss matched though. The one is definitely magnetic and has triangle slots. I would assume it was made in 1943 like the steel pennies.
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG

A month ago, it would've been my Rockwell 6S, currently I have to say my british SS flare tip is giving me some of the most comfortable shaves ever! When i get home today, a Fatboy and Slim should be in the mailbox... I'll let you know in a few days!:jump:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
This would be an incredibly easy choice for me. I have some nice razors: Mergress, ATT M1, M2, R1 and S1. But the one that has replaced all of them is the Wolfman. I have the large (fat, heavy) handle and it took a while to lighten up my technique to accommodate that extra weight, but it gives me a BBS every day. Perfect tool.

I reach for the Timeless .68 SB razor most days so that's the one I'd take.

My second favorite razor is the LA Shaving BBS-1 followed by Wolfman.

You are correct! :thumbsup: I'm tired and not thinking properly. :sleep1: :sleep12:

Hey Toby,
I'm pretty sure both handles were available with both heads. All I know for sure is this is the way they came to me from my mom, hard to believe both were miss matched though. The one is definitely magnetic and has triangle slots. I would assume it was made in 1943 like the steel pennies. View attachment 764761 View attachment 764762

I admitted my bogusness! :surrender:

Two observations; you're younger than I expected, and you need to clean your fingernails!!! :w00t: :laugh: :lol1:

That's a tough one. I own four: a FB, a birth year/quarter Red Tip, a 1940s Aristocrat, and a 1938 Sheraton. I'll get the Sheraton back today from replating by Sport Shaving, so it will look fabulous, but I'll choose the Aristocrat, as it give the closest, most comfortable shaves imaginable. It wins by a nose over the Sheraton because of the thicker handle, which is slightly more comfortable and easier to hold. My sentimental favorite is the C1 Red Tip, which I used this morning, and is now 60 years old, which I soon will be. However, the Aristocrat and Sheraton are classics in my eyes, and more comfortable than the Red Tip.

Yeah, I cheat & grab the box with practically all of my razors in it. If I somehow only have time to grab one razor, then I certainly don't have time to stand around unpacking to get at one. :001_tt2:

One static razor simply does not handle all shaving needs.... so the answer to this must be an adjustable razor.

For me, it would be a Gillette Fatboy!

Top Bottom