What's new

The 1 razor you would save

The best bet would be to not let anyone take anything but their person, just hand out free OLD types and 1912's once we get where we're going. :thumbsup:

1956 Gold Toggle 5 Settings.jpg

This one. Because it is the most valuable razor in my collection. Otherwise, I would just grab my Wolfman and run from the apocalypse...

I admitted my bogusness! :surrender:

Two observations; you're younger than I expected, and you need to clean your fingernails!!! :w00t: :laugh: :lol1:
Yea, I noticed that too. I've been re-wiring 2 different 100+ year old houses, so keeping them clean is a losing battle. At least I haven't been working on sewage lift stations. :tongue_sm

my O4 long handled Super adjustable, we got it for Christmas 1969 at Skelton's Pharmacy in Champaign and I couldn't ever part with it.

My gold 1936 Gillette Aristocrat, its gold box, and the gold blade box. Not because it is a beautiful tool (though it is), not because it is an efficient shaver (though it is), but because it is my birth year razor than I paid $300 for.

My Gillette Parat. It's my second best shaver. But it's rare and in great condition. Plus it's a one piece so if I have to leave quickly and say my NEW is disassembled, I won't leave an important part behind.

If I could only keep one of what I currently have, I'd be between my EJ 86, Merkur 38C, and RazoRock OLD Type OC. I don't have any classics or high end razors, and those three are my favorite. None would be hard to replace. I'd probably pick the one I most recently shaved with or whichever was closer at hand.

If I had some time to plan (i.e. it wasn't an emergency situation, but some other hypothetical that lead to a one razor only life), I'd probably get an Icon Shavecraft 101. This DE razor has one end that is open comb and one end has a safety bar for the best of both worlds. It has an aluminum head so it will probably hold up better than the zamak of my current razors. Actually, I'm thinking strongly that I may have to add one to the stable within the year.

This is easy because I only have one razor.
Timeless scalloped .68 plate & smooth cap w/ original Ikon Bulldog handle.

All my other razors are long gone- and I don't miss them.

Top Bottom