What's new

GAndo

Hi,

Not sure if I am doing this right....just clicked on a name in the forum (no clue how else to post a general query to the group)

Newbie (4 days new) to DE shaving and newbie (1 day) to ever doing a post query/forum (so let me pre-apologize for being so clueless...

Got the Muhle r41 with Derby extra blades....have watched all the various YouTube videos to get a clue but after 4 days and performing 2-3 passes each day I am simply not getting a close shave (obviously human error)

No cuts/irritation issues....Armenian, so faiirly thick stubble :) ..... but not the "baby smooth" that everyone seems to refer to after such effort....trying different angles....hearing the the blade cutting the hair but when all is said and done.....still rough.....any thoughts?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Welcome to B&B , Just wanted you to have your own post so everyone can say Welcome.
Sound like your angle is not correct , should be around 30 degrees from blade to face
What did you use to shave with ? and did you get close then ?

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Don't expect a BBS after only 4 days experience. It takes a while and a lot of practice to develop the technique. But don't worry--it will come with time.

Welcome to B&B , Just wanted you to have your own post so everyone can say Welcome.
Sound like your angle is not correct , should be around 30 degrees from blade to face
What did you use to shave with ? and did you get close then ?

Graydog has already discovered your likely suspect (blade angle). I may be opening a can of worms here, but it may also help to try a different blade. Personna, Astra, Voshkod. If you try another blade, stick with one brand for a week before moving to another. This will limit your variables.

Welcome to B&B, close and enjoyable shaves are not far away.

Hello and welcome to B&B.

It may be prudent to try various different blades. I can't really add to the advice others have given here other than to say that perhaps the best way to try different blades to find the ones you like is through tryablade.com. They sell blades individually so you'll want to get at least two of each type minimum.

Hello and welcome, GAndo. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Nice to meet you! Keep practicing and work on angle and maybe try a different blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom