What's new

Beer blasphemy

I've got used to Steinberg beer from Mercadona in Spain
Steinberg Sin (blue can) is good for daytime drinking because it's only 0,9% alcohol and only costs €2,88 for 12x 330ml cans
Steinberg Classic (green can) is the normal beer which is drinkable at only €5,28 for 24x 330ml cans
Ley Pureza (white can) is brewed under the German Purity Law (water, malted barley, hops yeast) and has a stronger taste and a nice bite, and only costs €3,00 for 12x 330ml cans
Negra (red can) is a strong, malty dark beer, very similar to stout, with a sweetish taste and a nice bite, and is the most expensive beer I buy at €3,24 for 6x 330ml cans

For the price, it's some of the best supermarket beer I've ever tasted

I still enjoy Miller High Life and PBR from time to time. They were my go to beers back in my younger days I still enjoy them from time to time.
For all the scoffing that craft beer snobs do at macro beer, what many of them fail to realize is just how difficult it is for these big breweries to brew millions of barrels of beer that taste exactly the same and with such a light flavor, its much more difficult to mask inconsistencies.
I keep PBR, Miller High Life Ponies and Rolling Rock in my fridge at all times. I love craft beer too, and do pick it up every once in a while. Usually I just do branch and Bourbon with one rock.

I keep PBR, Miller High Life Ponies and Rolling Rock in my fridge at all times. I love craft beer too, and do pick it up every once in a while. Usually I just do branch and Bourbon with one rock.
I still love PBR and probably always will. For me, its a reminder of simpler times and its great on a hot day when I just want a classic beer that is smooth and refreshing.

Just as an update for you gentlemen I've found I really like wheat(?) beers (the two I've tried anyways lol)

Blue moon

And an OK based brewer (Mustang) Washita wheat

Hoping in the summer of 2018 my local Walmart will start carrying it as OK liquor laws are set to change

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2
I've been brewing too long to buy beer except in emergencies. When I have to it's almost always a compromise. That sounds pretty snobby. I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a "go to."

I am right there with ya. I think I have over 280 bottles of beer and mead in my basement. I think I have spent $10.99 on commercial beer in the past 9 months. Brewing is too easy and rewarding to not do it. I can usually find what I am looking for through making my own, trading, or bartering. I don't think I have had a lager in almost 18 months, they just don't do it for me. If I were to pick a grocery store beer, I would pick Guinness. Asking me to pick a grocery store beer is like asking me whether I would prefer to shave with a schick or a gillette disposable razor without soap when I don't feel like using a DE razor, brush, and soap.

Top Bottom