What's new

Beer blasphemy

Life is too short for me to drink beer that I don't like, snobbishness has nothing to do with it.
I find Miller Lite ok on a hot day, but Coors and Bud either tasteless if cold, or putrid if even slightly warmed.
Too many hops, Blech. Too many ingredients or needing pieces of fruit in my beer, get outta here. Give me something that tastes good to me and I'm happy.
Well said.

Reading some of the threads on various forums on here is humbling to say the least. Half of the drinks here and eats in The Mess Hall I can't even pronounce, much less have access to.

I feel like Coors Light and things like Sonic drive in are blasphemous to you guys lol

Anyways here's my question: on the off chance you're drinking supermarket beer, what is your go to? What do you recommend?

My dad likes Coors light, so I'll drink it, and I'm partial to Michalob ultra. We both enjoy the "summer brews" of each as well.

My wife likes the Reds apple ales, mikes hard lemonade and the like. So I'll drink one or two of those for good measure. What's your go to on those?

As a very wise man (me) is fond of saying - you know what beer a real man drinks? Whatever the hell he likes.

You seem to prefer lighter styles, I'd give Pacifico and Corona a try. Free advice - skip the lime.

Yuengling is great. A friend from PA brings me back a case on occasion. Strohs is occasionally bought. Miller Lite is my usual fridge beer. I like to go get a fresh craft brew at a local brewery, but that is a treat. I'm usually working outside when I'm drinking beer at home and can't imagine dropping big bucks for that brew.

Yuengling is great. A friend from PA brings me back a case on occasion. Strohs is occasionally bought. Miller Lite is my usual fridge beer. I like to go get a fresh craft brew at a local brewery, but that is a treat. I'm usually working outside when I'm drinking beer at home and can't imagine dropping big bucks for that brew.
As we say so often here at the B&B. YMMV! What and how you drink your drink is for you and you alone!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had a Tecate not too long ago, and I was pleasantly surprised about how refreshing and tasty it is. It's about perfect for a conversation over some chips and salsa.

Proper ale for me. And here's where I like to drink it - sadly not local - Harvey's Best Bitter directly from the barrel. $Cricketers.jpg

Rgds,
C.

I've been brewing too long to buy beer except in emergencies. When I have to it's almost always a compromise. That sounds pretty snobby. I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a "go to."

That is a lovely looking establishment! Cheers!!

Indeed it is; and I shall be there on Thursday evening; if I am very lucky, Emily will be behind the bar. She is at least as lovely as the establishment.

I'll raise a glass to you.

Cheers!

C.

They can't sell it in the supermarkets here! (In MD, laws vary from county to county.)

I don't drink macrobrews anymore. For the most part, they all taste the same to me.

I guess this makes me a beer snob. :sad:

Top Bottom