What's new

Stone Cottage sample pack

I got the sample pack from Stone Cottage yesterday so I tried the Vetiver and Vanilla this morning. I loved the scent of this cream. It didn't seem to be overly strong but it seems to linger after the shave which is fine with me. It lathers very well with about half the amount I usually use ( I usually use about the size of an almond so it would be about half of that). The lather doesn't dissipate at all and it is plenty slick. I am very happy with this cream and I am sure that I will order my next cream from Stone Cottage. I have 4 more samples to try before I decide which 1 to order. Tomorrow I will try the Foygere.

I tried the Fougere this morning and I could barely detect a scent. The cream performed well in both lather and slickness. I think I will pass on this one.
Tomorrow I will try the Suede de Kashmir.

Since I started using creams for the first time last month, I've been really enjoying them. They are so much easier to "load" and lather up. I started with Proraso and eventually I'd like to try TOBS as well as Stone Cottage. I wish that more artisans made creams.

Have you tried any other creams that you can compare against Stone Cottage? If is performs as well as Proraso does for me, then I would definitely buy some provided that I found a good scent.

I agree fougere isn't am overly strong scent but I do love it. The others I have are stronger but still don't last that long. That's fine with me. I look for performance.

"Since I started using creams for the first time last month, I've been really enjoying them. They are so much easier to "load" and lather up. I started with Proraso and eventually I'd like to try TOBS as well as Stone Cottage. I wish that more artisans made creams.

Have you tried any other creams that you can compare against Stone Cottage? If is performs as well as Proraso does for me, then I would definitely buy some provided that I found a good scent.[/QUOTE]

I have the TOBS Sandalwood and the Proraso green creams and I like them both but at the moment I would give the edge to the Stone Cottage for scent and performance. I still have 3 more of the creams to try but 5 generous samples for $10.00 it's certainly worth trying.

I find the Stone Cottage creams to be superior performers to Proraso in my use. The scents are outstanding as well.

"Since I started using creams for the first time last month, I've been really enjoying them. They are so much easier to "load" and lather up. I started with Proraso and eventually I'd like to try TOBS as well as Stone Cottage. I wish that more artisans made creams.

Have you tried any other creams that you can compare against Stone Cottage? If is performs as well as Proraso does for me, then I would definitely buy some provided that I found a good scent.

I have the TOBS Sandalwood and the Proraso green creams and I like them both but at the moment I would give the edge to the Stone Cottage for scent and performance. I still have 3 more of the creams to try but 5 generous samples for $10.00 it's certainly worth trying.[/QUOTE]

+1

I tried the Fougere this morning and I could barely detect a scent. The cream performed well in both lather and slickness. I think I will pass on this one.
Tomorrow I will try the Suede de Kashmir.

Suede de Kashmir is my favorite! Great creams!

Today I used the Suede de Kashmir. I could use this cream every day for the rest of my life and be very happy. I've used about a dozen different creams and I didn't prefer any of them over my soaps. Today that changed. This cream has a wonderful scent and a very slick and rich lather. I find that with these Stone Cottage creams I need to use about half as much product as any of my other creams. It makes plenty of lather for a three pass shave with enough left over to do another pass.
Tomorrow I'm going to try the Frankincense Fog. The performance of all of these creams is excellent I'm just trying to decide which scents I can live without now.

I am a big fan of the whole Stone Cottage range of creams, excellent performance and some very nice scents that linger. A little goes a long way with them which is part of their appeal to me.

Today I used the Frankincense Fog and the first thing I noticed was that it was a bit runny compared to the other samples. It didn't affect the performance at all. It had the same great lather and slickness as the others. One thing I haven't mentioned yet is residual slickness and I think these creams are excellent in that respect. This cream had a nice scent but I liked Suede de Kasmir and Vanilla and Vetiver better. I have used a boar brush and a badger brush with these creams and I thought the badger made the best lather but it could just be the fact that it is softer so it felt more luxurious on my face.
Tomorrow I'll try my last sample which is the Cedre Noir.

Today I used the Cedre Noir cream. It is a little creamier than the Suede de Kashmir, Vanilla and Vetiver, and the Fougere but not as creamy as the Frankincense Fog. As far as scents go I'm no connoisseur, I just know what I like so if I said I didn't care for any of the scents that's just my personel preference. This seemed like a very lightly scented cream to me and I probably wont purchase a full tub after I use up the sample because there are 2 of the samples that I really love. All 5 of the creams were excellent in performance, great lather and residual slickness. I liked these creams so much I ordered another sample pack last night to try 5 more of their scents, I'm sure I will find a few more that I must have. For anyone who is wanting to try these creams I found out when I ordered that the sample packs are on sale until March 5 for $8.50.

Today I used the Frankincense Fog and the first thing I noticed was that it was a bit runny compared to the other samples. It didn't affect the performance at all. It had the same great lather and slickness as the others. One thing I haven't mentioned yet is residual slickness and I think these creams are excellent in that respect. This cream had a nice scent but I liked Suede de Kasmir and Vanilla and Vetiver better. I have used a boar brush and a badger brush with these creams and I thought the badger made the best lather but it could just be the fact that it is softer so it felt more luxurious on my face.
Tomorrow I'll try my last sample which is the Cedre Noir.
My almond flower sample was a little runny but it stiffened up.

Top Bottom