What's new

Club CELLA

IMG_1106.jpeg

Today was a great Cella day. I lathered up with Cella Red, using an APShaveCo 28mm G5A knot brush with a blue over clear handle. I took it off with a Henson Ti22 ++ with a Nacet blade. Great shave.

May 12, 2024 Sunday shave

Razor: Razorock Old Type
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

Once again, I'm impressed with this cheap razor. I don't use it regularly, but it's a great little razor.
No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_12_24.jpg

May 14, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Lord L6 w/shortened Razorock Titanium Halo handle
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5A
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was the second use of the Lord L6 razor. The one thing that stood out was the blade forward character of the razor. Using a light touch, it was surprisingly efficient. The Cella lather was very slick and worked perfectly. It was a terrific shave with no weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. To me, it's quite amazing that a $6 razor (delivered) can produce such a good shave. The other items used in the shave worked perfectly.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_14_24.jpg

I think I am firmly in Club Cella now. It has been my exclusive soap for a couple years now. My sister bought me a gift pack for Christmas which had a synthetic brush (my first!), splash, and another small tub of red crema sapone. It consistently provides me with an irritant-free shave. I am pretty much an every-two-day shaver, and with a 1969 Gillette Super Adjustable, things are about perfect in my world. I see that there is/was a sandalwood Cella? I would really like to try that once I am through my kilo brick!
image.jpg

I think I am firmly in Club Cella now. It has been my exclusive soap for a couple years now. My sister bought me a gift pack for Christmas which had a synthetic brush (my first!), splash, and another small tub of red crema sapone. It consistently provides me with an irritant-free shave. I am pretty much an every-two-day shaver, and with a 1969 Gillette Super Adjustable, things are about perfect in my world. I see that there is/was a sandalwood Cella? I would really like to try that once I am through my kilo brick!
View attachment 1848050
I see you may have bought the Cella set. I really wanted to buy it but the aftershave has alcohol so it can't be shipped here. How's the brush?

May 20, 2024 Monday shave

Razor: The Razor Company aluminum, AKA Simple Clean Shave w/shortened Razorock Titanium handle
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (4)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (8)
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

The TRC razor continues to give great, close and pleasant shaves. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
The Suneko blade has been excellent. Coupled with the Cella lather, the results were very good!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_20_24.jpg

Well, I’ve been shaving exclusively with Cella red for two weeks and I’m in awe. Considering the price, it’s really a top performance soap. It lathers easily, it’s really slick, post shave is excellent and I can get a great lather with even one gram, which puts it almost at the level of hard soaps in the usage category. I don’t think you can get this level of quality at the price point. I’ve tried Haslinger and Speick, which come close in the cost per shave department but fall short in other aspects

PS: I have really picky skin, and Cella didn’t produce any reaction or discomfort. Truly great stuff

Top Bottom