What's new

SOTD "Free Week" May 6th to May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide which Weber razor head (PH, ARC, or DLC) and which Weber handle (Classic, Wave, or Bulldog) to pair with a Personna 74 (12). Decisions, decisions.

IMG_9754.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13***
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am going with a different razor and blade today. I went with my Henson AL13*** - the more aggressive Henson razor. I went with a Wizamet blade which works well in this razor. The shave was smooth and close. Today’s brush is a Rooney 1/3 Silvertip badger. This is the only Rooney brush I own. The brush helped make some nice lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the twelfth consecutive day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.

Friday Morning Lime & Lemon Feast

I really like this Enders with an Injector Blade. It's a better shave than some of my actual Injectors.
Also getting to like the Taconic Lime - it's a glycerine puck and I just used it like a shave stick.
Rubbed it on the face and BAM the little Rubberset whipped up a great face lather.

Enders Speed Razor
Personna Injector Blade (5X)
Taconic Shave Lime Puck
Rubberset No. 89 Vintage Brush
Aqua Velva Musk Splash
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave

IMG_0585-compressed.jpeg

Brush: RV “Duke Style Handle” (love this handle) @Rudy Vey 27mm Longshaving

If anyone is looking for a very high end brush have @Rudy Vey make you a handle and get a Longshaving knot installed for around $240.00 they is not a better quality brush made today.

Blade: Feather 🪶 (1), is there anything better than a Feather on the first use? No

Soap: GD “Vetiver” Aion Maxima, this is probably my favorite of the Aion Maxima Soaps
I have 3 tubs of this one

Razor: Paradigm Tiback for $315.00 it would hard to find a better Titanium razor

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

💯🥇💯🥇

IMG_4166.jpeg

Doug

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, May 10th

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE 50mm + a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, tame to mid range depending on blade or shim used. Machining and finish QC great for my shaving needs + .006 gap works well for myself. Kai Captain mild blades work well and for what ever reason they last longer in this razor! One of my go to razors and performance is excellent . Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain Mild (9) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity. One of the best 50mm blades for AC type razor heads IMO.
Soap : La Toja stick, mild natural smoke scent from manufacturing + excellent lather qualities using a synthetic IMO.
Brush :Yaqi " Panda" 24mm Tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, Cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE with a Kai Captain mild. Amazing how the Kai blade is performing with the Romulus, I will push the blade a little more to see the boundaries of these blade (I use to toss Kai mild blades after 6 uses but the last 2 blades I'm getting 8 great + shaves!).
SOTD May 10 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

May 10, 2024 Friday shave

Razor: Fatip Il Piccolo OC
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Soap: Razorock The Stallion
Brush: AP Shave Co. G5A
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

In honor of Fatip Friday, I broke out the Piccolo OC today. It hasn't been used in nearly a year. But, as usual, it gave a great shave.
Two tiny red spots, but no irritation. It was a great shave. I would use this razor more, but aligning the blade is a hassle.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_10_24.jpg

20240222_082007.jpg

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Friday evening, 10.5.24

Kruidvat 2 Blades Razor System
Mühle 'Sandalwood' shave soap
Mühle 31 K 256 Silvertip Fibre

I had a great shave with the Kruidvat 2 Blades Razor System this evening. A handle plus 25 cartridges for just under 6 euro. I have no complaints!

1000003455-01.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom