Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn

Thu 9
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
I love this soap & splash set. Super creamy & slick plus a cooling & intoxicating scent...
This razor was also refreshed on the 0.1um diamond balsa followed by the HBA. The resulting edge feels soft, buttery smooth, and comfortably keen...
20240509_124808.jpg

SOTD: 9th May 2024.

52.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: La Barbiera Fresh Lemon Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D4)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,
Early morning shave,
Another wonderful face lathering performance from the Semogue 1305 boar brush. The handle has started to flake off in places giving it a "Shabby Chic look " but it doesn't hinder the brushes ability to build a great lather upon my ugly mug.
All of the La Barbiera shaving soaps have performed wonderfully, especially for my head shaves throughout the week. I prefer my Boar brushes when mixing up a lather with the La Barbiera shaving soap.

Scent wise if I had to choose a favourite then it would be the "Fresh Lemon" followed by the "Classic", but all are equal in performance protection, and post shave feel. These shaving soaps will last me for some time.

Great soaps which I look forward to using in my feature shaves.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1578.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) England: Razor 1950’s Gillette Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Sensitive Aftershave Splash.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Comfort Aftershave Splash.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
9/10
Comments
This was the seventh and final day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. The blade finally started to lose its sharpness and I will go with another razor and blade tomorrow. I was holding the razor with a wet hand and as a result the razor was too loose. The result was a small nick under Today’s brush is the B&B LE brush with a Shavemac knot. The DO-1 two-band knot has quite a bit of backbone. Some find it hard on the face but it works for me. The Haslinger soap was used for the 11th time. This is the old, tallow version of the soap and works best if used daily. Today’s shave was a perfect BBS shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Thursday Morning Shave Experimentation

Came across a post on B&B yesterday about using a modified SHADE (kind of) in a GEM Jr.
So in the name of Science I felt obliged to attempt it. It actually worked beautifully.
The real question we need to ask is just because you can - why should you? LOL

GEM Junior - Black Handle
SHADE - Modified
Proraso Blue Shave Cream
Ever-Ready H40 Vintage Boar Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix
Pinaud Citrus Musk Aftershave

IMG_0571-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, May 9th 2024

Razor : Yaqi " Flipside" dual safety bar, scalloped side and open comb side. Mfg 2019>, tame mid to mid range( open comb side is slightly milder. This affordable razor head is a excellent for a decent shave. Quality Zamak razor head with excellent accuracy and chromed well for longevity IMO. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette silver blue(1) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : La Toja stick, mild smoke scent from manufacturing IMO with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Reminds me when using my 2band badger brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Flipside with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 9 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom