What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

A brief comment on my new Dx clone shavette vs Kai clone one. The Dx clone shaves similar to me as the other one, but it is a bit heavier and I like it for this more.

I had a shave with it with a Kai Protouch (14th) few hours ago. This blade doesn't have a great sharp feeling but it has given me only excellent shaves and had forgiven any user error. Highly recommended to someone who wants to learn using a shavette to start with this blade (or feather protouch) first.

At 14th shaves I needed to make a lot of touch ups to compasate for the lack of sharpness but I was not in a hurry. Maybe I can have 1 or 5 more shaves with it.

Nice shave with what I think is a Focus clone. I've never used a Focus but I saw and bought three different razors on aliexpress, and this was the one I chose to use first with a half Derby blade.

Attachments

• IMG_20240507_183453_684.jpg
    IMG_20240507_183453_684.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
This is the one from Saphoo. Right? I haven't had the chance to try yet. Glad to read your feedback. So was a smooth shave?
Yes, all the razors were from that store, I think. I'll post the others as I use them.
For this shave, I think my lather was a bit thick and Derby blades are not my favourite. I got a few small nicks, but nothing major, and one pass left my face very smooth, which is unusual. Next time I'll be more careful with the lather, and maybe change blades. I did find it a little fiddly to get the blade in the right place, but I'm sure these are just teething troubles! For the price, it's a nice, solidly built razor, and I look forward to using it more.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Razor= Weck Med Prep
Blade= Personna Hair Shaper
Brush= Frank Shave synthetic
Soap= Body Shop Macca Root &Aloe
Aftershave= Witch Hazel Mentholated H/M

20240507_213042.jpg

Best shave yet.

2 passes WTG, ATG and a few touch ups on the neck, and the shave was the closest I can remember from any shavette I've ever tried. Looks like I've found my perfect razor. As always YMMV.

The A77 shavette is challenging me a lot. Using the flat face angle I got another excellent shave. I even went atg at the bottom lip, I don't do that usually. It has a shiny aluminium body that allows the blade to go easily and smooth on skin. If I can get such a nice shave with a 2usd razor, why did I spent so much on other razors that are collecting dust?!

Well we all know the answer. We will buy again. I am venturing into straight razor area actually with moderate success.

PXL_20240508_055251630.jpg

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Razor= Weck Sextoblade
Blade= Personna
Brush= Yaqi synthetic
Soap= Speick
Aftershave= Speick

20240509_205911.jpg

Another Weck

This time with the Sextoblade.
Very smooth shave, no irritation, wheepers or cuts.

The Sextoblade is much lighter than the Med Prep, but just as well balanced. Next shave will be the wee Hair Shaper.

Really good shave with the Focus clone last night.
Dumped the Derby blade and used a Perma-Sharp instead. Much better.
I did notice that the coating on this razor has a tendency to drag or stick to the skin. Not sure if my lather was dry or it's just the razor, but lifting it a fraction solved that issue.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
They are indeed. Mine cost almost £10 shipped. But I'm going to try a bit of stropping when I feel the blade starting to pull or tug, so we'll see how that works out.

I don't mind paying the extra money. Because I really enjoy the shave these blades and razors give. I always enjoy using my vintage DEs because of the history behind them. Now I can do that with my shavettes.

Shavette : universal lama intera
Blade : bic 3rd
Yaqi rainbow brush.
Nivea as
Denim as cream

Excellent shave. Could this be the best de shavette? I have tried a few and this is indeed exceptional. Best shavette purchase of mine.

View attachment 1844220
Tried the same setup. I didn't need to shave though, but wanted to enjoy shaving with Universal shavette. Bic blade was less sharp after the 4th shave. Next time I will try the other edge of the blade.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Razor= Weck Hair Shaper
Blade = Personna
Brush= Yaqi synthetic
Soap= Tabac (Tallow)
Aftershave= TGS Orange Empire (Mentholated)

20240512_150132.jpg

An afternoon Weck shave

Shave went really well, no irritation or wheepers.
Very smooth with not much feedback from the Alum or aftershave.

I added diluted menthol crystals to the TSG Orange Empire. I like this aftershave on a warm day, not a sweet Orange at all more like Orange peel.

Razor: Shavette Dx clone (not sure)
Blade: Kai Protouch (15th)
Soap: Proraso Green
AS : Proraso Green & Denim cream

This blade creates me the idea that it has become dull and yet it still delivers a very fine shave.

I have only one AC blade unused left. I have never tried Schick Pro AC type. How are they? I need an injector shavette and I haven't tried an injector blade in a feather like shavette, if that would work..

Top Bottom